Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New center console installed. Got these from our good friends down under. @Locked79 turned me onto them. Dropped them an email, they asked me some questions, I sent them some pictures.... and some time later an epic center console arrived. After removing the seats, it was a 5 minute install. The easiest thing I've done on my 70 for overall comfort. Lots of room to store things, 2 cupholders, place to stash guns, drugs, and booze. :) Highly recommend.

View attachment 2367417View attachment 2367418View attachment 2367419View attachment 2367420View attachment 2367421

Nice! I was going to get one of those but LHD.

Cheers

I was sorry to see you have such a bad end to such a great bunch of work with the intercooler let down and then bumper.
But this has been a great read/thread and solid example of doing it right... right down to the break in run!

I hope you decide not to nuke this thread, there's a LOT of value in it.

Great job, great truck.

Well an extended drive didn’t go so well today...

2A4B2980-11F5-451F-8C6C-D40F58C94828.jpeg
F2DFC0F1-7684-4FC4-9672-2EE721231B9B.jpeg
221C9311-43E1-45C8-A281-FEF0A480D28C.jpeg

Anyone want to guess what happened?

Forgot the coolant?

Nah.

Simple stuff.

When you mess with a 100 different systems, s*** is bound to be missed.

guarantee no one is going to get it right...
The weather is really hot now. Hope you get it right before you get too far on your trip.
Least of my worries!
It's really hot now. Hope you get it straight before you get too far from home. I ran mine that hot for a bit too long this weekend. Now she's broke. I hope you're right that it's something simple.

The weather is really hot now. Hope you get it right before you get too far on your trip.
It's really hot now. Hope you get it straight before you get too far from home. I ran mine that hot for a bit too long this weekend. Now she's broke. I hope you're right that it's something simple.

It was stupid simple once I smelled it.

I should also thank my wife @CatskillsRunner who tolerated me through this entire build. She was, let's say, forgiving many times when I was knee deep in sheeeeit and I was pissed and I was irate and I was brutally tired and.... well, you get the picture. She was spectacular even when I wasn't.

She just left today for Grand Junction....

She needs a much-deserved break from her husband... :)

View attachment 2369246

Babe, you're usually pissed and irate-- just for other reasons. 😁

So glad to see how gorgeous this truck has turned out and have loved watching you work. You'll iron out this current issue too.

Rear heater hose?
Loosened clamp?

Need to purge the air out?

I had a small oil leak after my first test drive on the oil cooler. I torqued to spec, but either my torque wrench was wrong or I needed a little more. Tightened her down and little and for 6000miles no leaks. (besides that tranny input seal :confused: )

I was watching everything after my drives to make sure nothing was leaking.

Rear heater hose?
Loosened clamp?

Need to purge the air out?

I had a small oil leak after my first test drive on the oil cooler. I torqued to spec, but either my torque wrench was wrong or I needed a little more. Tightened her down and little and for 6000miles no leaks. (besides that tranny input seal :confused: )

I was watching everything after my drives to make sure nothing was leaking.

Nope.

Something blocking the rad from when you were messing with the IC install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom