1985 4runner, looking for minimal lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for suspension recommendations for my stock 1985 4runner.
Biggest tire I might go to will be a 32" and Im looking to replace all of the suspension.
No rock crawling but some off-roading to remote camping zones.
It needs a refresh, its riding harder than my fj60.
Not looking to raise it more than 2-3". Id like to have a complete kit that includes all the bushings, shocks, u-bolts etc.
I don't mind buying from multiple sources if people have discovered that the best [parts have to be pieced together.

If you count “likes” as positive input, you’ve got five votes for Old Man Emu. Cruiser Outfitters is a forum vendor for OME and great to deal with.

I'll second (or 5th?) the OME lift kit. I installed one on my 3rd gen 4Runner and my current pickup has their springs. Nice quality stuff.

They're my first choice as an ome vendor.
When I picked the suspension for my 60 I found an alternative to ome to try something new and not have to mess with the “60 lean”.
I haven’t read any issues with that for the 4runner setup though.

They're my first choice as an ome vendor.
When I picked the suspension for my 60 I found an alternative to ome to try something new and not have to mess with the “60 lean”.
I haven’t read any issues with that for the 4runner setup though.

I have their kits in my 100 and my ‘89 4Runner. Never had a single complaint about any aspect of them. No leaning, and the rear springs are a perfect ride. Mine is still ifs so can’t comment on the front spring rate.

I have their kits in my 100 and my ‘89 4Runner. Never had a single complaint about any aspect of them. No leaning, and the rear springs are a perfect ride. Mine is still ifs so can’t comment on the front spring rate.
Nice. Thanks for the feedback.

correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the OME kit typically gain more than the stated 2.5 inches?

correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the OME kit typically gain more than the stated 2.5 inches?

Most quality lifts gain more than their supposed to initially to allow for sag. The stated lift height is for height gain over original OEM height, not 30-35 year old beat to crap all used up spring height. If your 4Runner has sagged 2” from original (which is very common), you would see +/- 4.5” in your before and after measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom