1974 Toyota FJ40 (getting around to it) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I decided to order the AJUSA gasket so glad to hear its good quality and from looking at the pictures it lines up pretty good with the head. Not to open a can of worms but I use copper coat on manifold gaskets but would it be a good idea to use it on the head gasket as well?

The threaded stud is the head bolt that I didn't take out since I left the rocker shaft in when I took the head off.
View recent photos.jpeg

I use copper coat on manifold gaskets but would it be a good idea to use it on the head gasket as well?
I use Copper Coat on the manifold gasket too, I use nothing on a head gasket.
Head gasket still available from the dealer...

EDIT: While your in there, I had my machine shop drill and tap the manifold stud/bolt holes on the 1.5 head for the larger 2F studs and nuts

20240307_150311.jpg

EDIT: While your in there, I had my machine shop drill and tap the manifold stud/bolt holes on the 1.5 head for the larger 2F studs and nuts
I looked for OEM Toyota one but it said it was discontinued for a 74, Unless you know something I don't!

I have 10mm studs on mine and it took some filling to squeeze the intake and exhaust header into place. Its still a TIGHT fit!

View attachment 3589616
Are the 2f and f.5 head gaskets the same? I had noted that 11115-61010 was for 1975+ 2f and 11115-60033 was for 1974 f.5, the latter being discontinued.

I decided to order the AJUSA gasket so glad to hear its good quality and from looking at the pictures it lines up pretty good with the head. Not to open a can of worms but I use copper coat on manifold gaskets but would it be a good idea to use it on the head gasket as well?

The threaded stud is the head bolt that I didn't take out since I left the rocker shaft in when I took the head off.
View attachment 3589607
😆 of course.

Are the 2f and f.5 head gaskets the same? I had noted that 11115-61010 was for 1975+ 2f and 11115-60033 was for 1974 f.5, the latter being discontinued.
The exact same? I don't know. Perhaps cylinder diameter is different, perhaps other things too. But it seems to work. and it's going on a 2F block so it's at least half correct.

The exact same? I don't know. Perhaps cylinder diameter is different, perhaps other things too. But it seems to work. and it's going on a 2F block so it's at least half correct.

I’ve outlined all the F family gasket differences here:

In the case of F.5 vs 2F

9C81EB2D-FCB9-4E13-8914-A2C6C204B5DA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom