Builds 1969 FJ40 named Mavis (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had to install a barbed fitting into my fuel filter housing and new fuel line to run this pump on my 69.
I didn’t try too hard after initially stripping that barbed fitting, to remove it.
The pump that was on the 1F I removed had the same fittings as this one so I think I'm good
IMG_20220911_133027760.jpg

Also got my shims from Mcgeorge

You're seeing the wear from a single seal.
That's good to know.

I may end up just putting another single seal in there and replacing it if it leaks. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal to drop the rear prop shaft and disconnect the parking brake assembly again if necessary.

I am looking for this mythical double seal housing in the meantime.

Yup that’s me.

We have the kits in stock. Happy to help.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

You are not messing around.

Ordered the kit, and received a USPS shipping notification less than 30 min later.

Dang. Instead of this part sometime in the distant future and having to wait for it, I gotta hurry up and get other things done so I'll be ready to install it when it arrives.

Started to reassemble stuff.

The kit came with a non castle nut, and I left that off because I don't trust them in place of castle nuts. It's Sunday and didn't care to buy a new cotter pin, so will do it tomorrow.

IMG_20220918_140552425.jpg

IMG_20220918_161352286.jpg

The best part about the kit is that they replaced the 12mm hex nuts with hex screws. Lot easier to tighten and loosen with the parking brake in the way

Been busy traveling and with family/community events, but found some time today to do up a few things.

Now that I feel confident in those issues, I think it's time to face this mess.

View attachment 3132868
They all appear to be in decent shape so will try to clean and lube and install as is.
I admire your purism, Sir! I would call a cable an upgrade for simplicity, but keeping with the stock stuff is certainly respectable. My 60 had been swapped to a cable when I got it, so it was the easy way out.
Looking forward to seeing this rig boogie with that engine! I really do miss how smooth and quiet it was....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom