Builds 1969 FJ40 named Mavis (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I might have some of that in a box in my garage, it might be a day or two before I can dig through it and look. It's colder than a penguins ass currently.

I might have some of that in a box in my garage, it might be a day or two before I can dig through it and look. It's colder than a penguins ass currently.
Are you running a flex fan or other aftermarket fan on your rig?

I've had one of those on my '67 Mustang since 2014 with good results.

I might just break down and buy a champion radiator and go with that, unless you have a secret recipe for something else that works.

It's a plastic fan from after model 40 of some sort. I'll have to do some digging.

I'm pretty sure there was a period that came with the plastic fan, 2 groove pulley, and no fan clutch.

Lemme check my 55 to see

My 1975 2F powered FJ55 has a 1978 engine with direct drive and it has the small pattern. Measures out to around 1 1/8" on or abouts or about the same as the 4 blade fan I took off the 1969 F engine.

My 1980 FJ60 2F which I installed in Mavis measures 1 3/4" or nearly that, and that had the fan clutch.

20221120_145936.jpg
20221120_150012.jpg

So that's probably not much help at the moment, but it can help with a decent representation of what's going on there. I do have a few inches of clearance between the fan and the radiator. At one point I was trying to run a fan clutch setup but I got tired of trying to find the right puzzle pieces to make it work and still have a decent amount of clearance for the radiator.

Let me dig around in a box and see if I still have some of those puzzle pieces.

There is a big difference in the hub that is pressed onto the WP shaft as well.

Here is a pulley that I have in a box o parts. I'm thinking it's for a fan clutch setup.
20221120_151110.jpg
20221120_151123.jpg

I'd also bet that sometime around 2015 in my build thread I might have something useful, I'm going to check it out in a bit. I'm about to check valves, timing, and carb settings on mine right now.

Looks like there is info in my thread that starts around page 48.

On my 69 I`m running an 84 2f from a 60 with the plastic fan and clutch and still have about an 1" or so between the fan and radiator.

I think there is different water pumps for the fan clutch and with out. They maybe different lengths

On my 69 I`m running an 84 2f from a 60 with the plastic fan and clutch and still have about an 1" or so between the fan and radiator.
Can you get a new belt on without pulling the fan?

I didn't have the clearance with my setup, I had to pull the shroud-fan-clutch all in one gaggle to get to the belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom