1963 rhd fj43 on vancouver craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks like an add on brake booster on the fender, I think I have seen these as OEM before, looks almost like one in a 68 Toyota Crown in town

very cool rig......still not 100% on the top though......

In post #26 the vehicle seems to have the early style steering wheel column, correct per year, But in post #29 the tub looks like it got an upgraded mounting plate to suit a later style steering column bucket.:confused: And check out the locking fuel door. It is the same tub isn't it?

Never mind, I completely missed post #32. So this is what it's like to be the horse's ass :doh:.

In post #26 the vehicle seems to have the early style steering wheel column, correct per year, But in post #29 the tub looks like it got an upgraded mounting plate to suit a later style steering column bucket.:confused: And check out the locking fuel door. It is the same tub isn't it?

Never mind, I completely missed post #32. So this is what it's like to be the horse's ass :doh:.

no it would be my bad for leaving those pics there when they were not of the cruiser in question :)

The seller is a stand up guy. I wouldn't be worried about him trying to screw over someone for a quick sale. He's been a customer of ours for more then a few years. I've seen some of the other rigs he's brought in. He's scored a few nice 43's and 44's over the years. He might still have a nice mustard colored original 43 as well. The last time I saw that one I drooled.

The seller is a stand up guy. I wouldn't be worried about him trying to screw over someone for a quick sale. He's been a customer of ours for more then a few years. I've seen some of the other rigs he's brought in. He's scored a few nice 43's and 44's over the years. He might still have a nice mustard colored original 43 as well. The last time I saw that one I drooled.
Looks like it has been sold or taken off of the sale, thank's for the heads up Steven, can't someone drop off that 43 in my backyard on the way to the Rubithon? John Pardi

This thread contains my dream truck for sure. I just have to add this- though it is not anywhere near as cool- because I kinda wonder if A. there is such thing as the super rare half hard top or B. there are some nuts here in Japan that think there should be. Note the rear doors as well- a first for sure.

Kinda sorry to throw this in this thread as the other truck is so damn cool- but I'm doing it for the sake of determining if the 43 may indeed be original with the half top.

Currently for sale here:
1100807A20110126W00803.jpg
1100807A20110126W00804.jpg
1100807A20110126W00806.jpg

It is a 44- 1982. To me the interior shot of the b-pillar bow looks to be pretty nicely done. Not sure if its factory but it is not as poorly done as I would expect with someone making it themselves. Also the 63 43 b-pillar looks to be unique to this truck and very very original. I can't imagine anyone going to these lengths to get the half hard top on the truck.

Both truck have the same step up from the hard top to the soft top as well.

Pete

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is one cool cruiser. Never seen two piece ambulance doors before. Plus those mirrors on the fenders. Curious what they want for this? BJ or FJ? Not really interested, If I imported something probably get something already restored. Hard to paid shipping for somethhing that looks like a parts vehicle or needing a full restore. Now the mirrors or soft top ambulance door that would be another story.

I have seen a number of BJ44s / BJ46s with those mirrors. They take some time getting used to them whilst driving.

I'm still keeping an eye out for a set of soft top amby doors to trade for some front soft top doors..... I really want the front soft top doors but I cant find any here.

With the dollar as it sits right now this rig is $6700 asking price. 6 years ago it would have been $4400.

Pete

That is one cool cruiser. Never seen two piece ambulance doors before. Plus those mirrors on the fenders. Curious what they want for this? BJ or FJ? Not really interested, If I imported something probably get something already restored. Hard to paid shipping for somethhing that looks like a parts vehicle or needing a full restore. Now the mirrors or soft top ambulance door that would be another story.

The mirrors are fine for driving- its easier to see what is under your rig when off road. But man its a PITA every time you want to work under the hood- they are right in the way. And the Bj rattles them around quite a bit- you have to get out of the car to adjust them.

Pete

I have seen a number of BJ44s / BJ46s with those mirrors. They take some time getting used to them whilst driving.

Does anyone know where this 43 ended up? I'd like to reach the owner about it. If you have any info on this trucks whereabouts please PM me.

Pete

I know , way old thread.

But if I were to guess again(10 years later), I'd say it was built by Gifu body, so factory but kinda a one off. Gift built fire trucks, ambulance and other special bodies and of course the 45lv

Afaik from what I had seen ... Yes they are the same

They were on the toyota Bj jeep... I posted pics of the mats on them in the other thread about the bj jeep here someplace ... I’ll see if at some point I can postbup the bj mats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom