1963 rhd fj43 on vancouver craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

semlin

curmudgeon
Threads
no affiliation but i thought this might interest you guys if only for the photos

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/car/500970755.html

01011101020001030420071206c6ecff5d9c813de84400db9d.jpg

01150401020101030720071206d46f5da23688bc65e200d4fb.jpg

0101100103100116072007120608c61a92c690d1b956004a6c.jpg

"numbers matching" thought they didn't match the numbers back then??

Not really matching numbers but the VIN plate did have the engine block number stamped into it.

John

Semlin that's a neat little rig, if the top went all the way back with no sides we could call it a canopy express. ;)

It always makes me wonder how someone can make a claim like "I believe this to be the oldest _______________." without doing the most basic internet search. Oh well, better than coming to Mud, leaching information and not participating. :cheers:

would it have had a fibreglass top option back then or soft top only?

incidentally I linked the photos to the ad so if anyone is collecting photos I'd save them to your hard drive.

would it have had a fibreglass top option back then or soft top only?

incidentally I linked the photos to the ad so if anyone is collecting photos I'd save them to your hard drive.

Early truck like that would have cj style soft door openings. My guess is the hard top was cut off behind the A pillar.

Early truck like that would have cj style soft door openings. My guess is the hard top was cut off behind the A pillar.

Although there were all sorts of FJ43 models I agree I just have to doubt there was a half hard-top. The doors look wrong and the proportions look like an FJ40
untitled1 (Medium).jpg
untitled2 (Medium).jpg

It looks like a 43 to me.. it has the longer rear overhang past the rear wheels. The doors are right too. Early doors with bug catchers. looks like a hardtop 43 with the roof cut off.

It looks like a 43 to me.. it has the longer rear overhang past the rear wheels. The doors are right too. Early doors with bug catchers. looks like a hardtop 43 with the roof cut off.

OK, I guess it's just me, but I don't see it as having 43 V hard top dimensions. But then, what do I know? I've never seen one live. :confused:
43 (Medium).jpg

if the v was a wagon then it was a fst that somone put hard doors and a top on. I looked at some lit i have and the 43 fst had the full width fst doors in my 64 book. The A pillar does look like the oem bow portion but cutting off the HT right there would yield the same thing. Then someone put half a hard top and hard doors on. who knows :confused: ;)

Last edited:
if the v was a wagon then it was a fst that somone put hard doors and a top on. I looked at some lit i have and the 43 fst had the full width fst doors in my 64 book. The A pillar does look like the oem bow portion but cutting off the HT right there would yield the same thing. Then someone put half a hard top on. who knows :confused: ;)

OK, well, that FST figure up there with the FST doors comes from my 64 factory manual (as does the other figure), but perhaps they used outdated pictures.

My factory repair manual is the same way as what you posted but not my 64 parts book. Also my factory repair manual doesn't show the fj43v (the one in post 10).. where did you pull that one?

Page 1-20 General. Page after the FJ43 ST picture, which is General 1-9. Manual dated 1964. Want a scan of the whole page?

I agree the proportions look right. Would be nice!

The owner Is Paul and a Cool dude. I purchased a super rare land Cruiser from him years ago and he did more than any other seller should or would have. Also very honest if anyone is looking to buy that.

He says its all original and has never seen the half cab before. He sent me this pic earlier today.

Shane
FJ42PaulGmud.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that up Shane.

Now that is one cool looking rig!

Looks really clean, and well put together...would it be worth it to transform this to a lefty...or would that be killing it's soul?

so it as a JDM cruiser, who know........top might be orignally as built but still dont think so.....

any idea what the use of the 40 was while in Japan?

Pimp, i chatted with the owner by email. he says it is factory and he is a pretty serious cruiserhead from what I can tell. He does ground up restos of JDM cruisers and has a 78 bj43 that he is in the midst of a completeresto that looks pretty darn skookum.. nice to find a guy in BC doing work like that other than Radd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom