15" Steering Wheel Non Power Steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Post#2. I'm installing a 15" Grant steering wheel in my non-power steering FJ40 (12/71) and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this same setup? Is it difficult to steer? I'm not doing any serious rock crawling. Thanks.

Had a grant steering wheel in my 72 with no power steering. Not too bad when you get moving.

are you selling the old steering wheel ?

Stock size tires or large wide tires? Makes that will may a difference on how hard it will be to steer.

The truck will be harder to steer, for sure. Some aftermarket wheels are less slippery, so that can make it easier. Like all manual steering FJs, the least fun moment is when you're trying to park it. The rest of the time, manual steering is tolerable.

Had a grant steering wheel in my 72 with no power steering. Not too bad when you get moving.
Thanks for the input. I'm confident that I'll have no issue steering, however, I do understand it will be harder then with a larger diameter wheel. Now I just need to get it on the damn road.

Thanks for the input. I'm confident that I'll have no issue steering, however, I do understand it will be harder then with a larger diameter wheel. Now I just need to get it on the damn road.

how has been the experience with Grant Steering ? Any Pictures and recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom