toyota BJ42 LHD power steering (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day,

I bought a power steering kit for my BJ42, I think its came from LJ70, and I have to install it foreword the front shock absorber bracket, but to do it I have to modify the battery tray, the radiator frame and the shock absorber bracket (by grinding the inner part in order to accommodate the shaft), and install longer leaf shackle link.
Somebody make this modification?
Its safe grinding the cast-iron bracket?
There are better solution?

thanks

Screenshot 2024-01-28 alle 09.21.58.png

Hi Alberto,
this swap, as far as I know, is very popular in France (they do have quite a few 70-Series Cruisers there).
Perhaps you should look at a French site...

That looks similar to "scout, FJ60, FJ80 power steering" set up. You can do a search using those terms to find info on it. Also look in FAQs. Yes you'll likely have to alter the shock tower or replace it with a Ford shock tower. I altered and moved my stk one for my scout p/s. You may have to scab a plate to the outside of the frame to make space for the box to clear the rad support. I didn't have to because the po moved the rad support over to the pass side so it's centered to the sbc.

20180506_141106.jpg

20211130_182425.jpg

Last edited:
I think i saw that kit on ebay several weeks ago. I think the seller misrepresented it in the description. I think he listed as an fj40 power steering kit. It can be adapted to a 40, but it's not a stk bolt on unit.

Last edited:
And what about mounting LJ70 in position like in photo. I know that all linkage remains in place, but I avoid grinding the shock tower

IMG_7785.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom