115V Matrix Switch Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it. I pulled one out of a Matrix over a year a go. It's on the list to install when I remove dash for the heater core. Thanks for the wire layout.

Im getting better with wiring but still challenged. More info the better.

Hello, and apologies for the bump, i'm from the 4runner forums trying to install this whole setup in my 3rd gen. I understand most of the wiring but I'm not sure if I'm correct. This is what I've figured out:

I got everything I needed for the Matrix 115 outlet at the junkyard and have everything wired and understood except for the most important part: I don't know where the power comes from here.

This mod consists of four parts: The 115v button, the relay, the inverter and the outlet itself.

115V Button:
Screen_Shot_2022-07-26_at_8.24.15_PM.png

The wire colors are not here so I'll translate them over.

1 - Green - Negative Battery terminal
2 - Wht/Blk - Connects to post 2 on the relay (Negative wire from switch to relay)
3 - Pink/Wht - Connects to post 1 on the relay (Positive from switch to relay)
4 - Wht/Blk - Cig. Illum light
6 - Pink - Connects to post 3 on the relay (Power to relay) (this wire is the one that gets power when the button is pressed)

Relay:
s-l500.jpg

Some other details: it's in a shape akin to ||=.

Pin 3 is at the left with Pin 5 to its' right. Next to those are two more prongs. From top to bottom, Pin 2 and Pin 1.

Pin 1 - Positive wire from switch to relay
Pin 2 - Ground from button
Pin 3 - Switched power from switch to relay
Pin 5 - Power to #3 wire on inverter when button is pressed

Inverter:
IMG_2489.JPG

1 - Green/Blk - Ground to outlet
2 - Green/Wht - Power to outlet
3 - Green - Power from relay pin 5
4 - Wht/Blk - Ground

Where I think I've messed up here is something with the wiring with the relay but i'm not sure where exactly I have. I've asked before about wiring for my relay (OEM 90080-87010) and was told that Pin 1 is +12 VDC and Pin 2 is ground (both from the button). Pin 3 is +12VDC from the battery but I have also seen it should be the switched power wire from the switch, which could go where the positive SHOULD be on the relay, but that leaves me with an extra wire.

Help? I can answer any questions if needed.

The diagram I posted many years ago is from the Matrix EWD and shows only 3 pins of the switch connector are used.

2 - Ground (not for the relay, but shared with the relay)
3 - Power from a fuse
6 - Power to the relay pin 2, to turn it on

The relay only needs a connection to the switch on one wire, so it can control the relay. The relay has another circuit (the switch) which controls power to the inverter.

Pin 1 - Connection to ground
Pin 2 - Power from button/switch
Pin 3 - Power from a fuse
Pin 5 - Power to #1 wire on inverter when button is pressed

The factory diagram uses 4 of the 8 pins at the inverter, but the pin numbering counts for the empty slots. Its numbering would be a mirror image to your drawing, so the top right is Number 1. I will list both the factory pin numbers and yours below.

1 - Green/Blk - 115V "Hot" (factory pin 3)
2 - Green/Wht - 115V "Neutral" (factory pin 7)
3 - Green - Power from relay pin 5 (factory pin 1)
4 - Wht/Blk - Ground (factory pin 4)

Those last two appear to be switched from the way the factory shows it, but you have the function correct for each wire color. Hopefully, they are in the right position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom