100 series long travel #ih8torsionbars! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Build finally done!
Specs: 6” lift, 4” wide long travel with king coilovers, high steer kit, hydro bump stops, limit straps and swaybar quick disconnects! 10 inches of travel! All hardware upgraded to 3/4” grade 8. Kit is 100% bolt on besides the bump stops.

7887A732-7537-4D09-B7B0-79B90223A312.jpeg

6517FDAD-A987-4C44-BAA0-7E6CFF39C37C.jpeg

7BA11199-B1D2-4183-B14E-ED17A62E6C29.jpeg

4D6881D7-ACA3-431E-8C6D-049ADB15E4FD.jpeg

F8AB619F-A4A8-407A-8AAA-4E5D2987DD9C.jpeg

Last edited:
Amazing - post some pics so we can see the whole truck, if you don't mind...

Are the lower control arm mounting locations moved down and out? So the LCA's are the same length as stock? Also gives room for a larger-than-normal diff drop, it appears.

I see cut/welded CV shafts. Are they normal Toyota CV's still?

I'll reserve judgement on the things I think will bend/break until you get actual results. I've never built one like this, so it's just eyeball engineering on my end. :)

I too would like to see pics of the whole thing. I'm sure it looks great!

Are the lower control arm mounting locations moved down and out? So the LCA's are the same length as stock? Also gives room for a larger-than-normal diff drop, it appears.

I see cut/welded CV shafts. Are they normal Toyota CV's still?

I'll reserve judgement on the things I think will bend/break until you get actual results. I've never built one like this, so it's just eyeball engineering on my end. :)

I too would like to see pics of the whole thing. I'm sure it looks great!
Cv have been sleeved till my chromoly center shafts come in, the sleeve I designed out of chromoly is probably stronger than the cv Joint that usually breaks before the shaft.

Cv have been sleeved till my chromoly center shafts come in, the sleeve I designed out of chromoly is probably stronger than the cv Joint that usually breaks before the shaft.
3.5” drop, 2” wider on each side, reason is becuase the Top of the Knuckle bends inward needing the 2” for clearance. Without it the knuckle hits the coil at about half droop.

Wow, let us see more pics, more of the entire truck. Have you driven it on the highway yet, curious how she rides.

Wow, let us see more pics, more of the entire truck. Have you driven it on the highway yet, curious how she rides.
I had coilovers Before the long travel and it rode like a Cadillac, it was maxed out on lift because the cv angle issue, the kit I designed allows for a lot more lift for tire clearance, coilover allows for insane travel hence the bump stops, torsion bars were the worst design ever, should have put the sequoia suspension design on it. Toyota really f-uped by not keeping Solid axle or going to coilover. I redesigned the entire suspension from the ground up, boy does it not want to be lifted!

Toyota has had issues with the ball joints failing on the Sequoia / Tundra / 4Runner / Tacoma so I'm not complaining about the torsion bars.

That said, if you're looking for extreme clearance, your solution is about the only way to go. Can't wait to see / hear more about it.

Very cool build. If this didn't negate the usefulness of the truck for what I want to use it for (fit in garages and stay low for the dogs to jump in) I would be all over this set up! Definitely want to see some pics of the whole truck and get your ride/drive impressions. Are you planning to build this kit to sell? If so, what's your price point? Are you getting any driveline vibrations?

Very cool build. If this didn't negate the usefulness of the truck for what I want to use it for (fit in garages and stay low for the dogs to jump in) I would be all over this set up! Definitely want to see some pics of the whole truck and get your ride/drive impressions. Are you planning to build this kit to sell? If so, what's your price point? Are you getting any driveline vibrations?
You can fit it in a standard garage without a roof rack. Not planning on building to sell, couldn’t imagine the average person spending the amount I did on this kit. Solid axle swap is probably 1/3 the price, I wanted something silky smooth and completely different from all the other rigs.

R&D on the first one is always expensive, but you could probably turn them out cheaper if you got a production run of them. I bet you could get quite a bit of interest from people on here...

Is sleeving CVs actually... Like... Ughh... I dunno

whats the difference between that and the welded tubes on a driveshaft

whats the difference between that and the welded tubes on a driveshaft
Sleeved cv is only temporary till my custom chromoly shafts come in. Drive shafts are super strong because of the large diameter, there is a formula to determine the correct size of tubing to be stronger than solid stock. That being said I have never seen a cv shaft explode on a 100, usually the cage fails or splines twist off before the shaft fails.

R&D on the first one is always expensive, but you could probably turn them out cheaper if you got a production run of them. I bet you could get quite a bit of interest from people on here...
The hardest part is the front subframe, designed to be bolt on. It is only hard because the compound angles of the front factory lca mount is towed in about 8deg off perpendicular. I could make some mounts you weld on the frame and it would not require the subframe, super easy and cheap to make. Being bolt on allows me to swap to a newer 100 in the future if I want.

It won’t let me post anymore pics, I have a build video that needs editing if you know anyone who does that.
I think we're limited to 5 pictures in a single post- but you can make new post add another 5 and so on. You can upload video to youtube and post the link.

Looking forward to knowing more about your build- where the LCA's came from, mods to knuckle, gearing, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom