100 series long travel #ih8torsionbars! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There would be demand even at $10k, especially if it was a bolt on kit. Here in SoCal, there are tons of trucks running long travel to get out into the desert at high speed. I, for one, would love a LT cruiser over the standard tundra/tacomas that I see.

Awesome!! :cool:
The only thing missing is Total Chaos licensing the design so the rest of us can get it.

Agreed. I have been holding out hope that Marlin Crawler will modify their RCLT kit for the Taco over to the 100/200/Tundra group, but that doesn't seem likely because they are taking so long on just the Taco kit.

That would be the best company to do it, probably wont think there is enough demand to sell it.

Obviously price dependent, but there's definitely a demand. I tracked this thread down here after a buddy of mine sent me a screenshot of your Facebook post about it. I'd be very interested in seeing something like this come to market.

You did a ****ing awesome job from what I can see.

This is awesome! I would also love to see something like this come to market.

Hey Bama, are your cuts on digital files or did you freeform the entire thing? There are sites out there where you can sell plasma/laser table cut files and off road specific ones too. I'm a welder by trade and am interested in building them myself if I could purchase cut files.

Hey Bama, are your cuts on digital files or did you freeform the entire thing? There are sites out there where you can sell plasma/laser table cut files and off road specific ones too. I'm a welder by trade and am interested in building them myself if I could purchase cut files.
I have the cut files, pretty much a giant jigsaw puzzle, Too hard to put the whole thing in cad them make cuts, a lot of trial and error, the cnc plasma helped replicate parts and keep measurements accurate. Build video pt1 is up on YouTube now.

Nothing as of yet! Everything is 3/4” grade 8 and 1/4” plate or chromoly.
Awesome, love the build. I'll check out the video.

Edit:

Have you considered cutting the fenders to get more travel?

Man... I would love a long travel kit for this truck.

Last edited:
Im with you on Toyota really messed up with the torsion bars. At least they could have offered us both options like they did in other countries to have a solid axle in the front.

Great work, now im tying to figure out how I can afford to pay a shop to do this for me.

Im with you on Toyota really messed up with the torsion bars. At least they could have offered us both options like they did in other countries to have a solid axle in the front.

Great work, now im tying to figure out how I can afford to pay a shop to do this for me.
Build video is on YouTube, search 100 series long travel

of course you'd be on mud, i watched your build video and was in aww the amount of detail put into this build. Just wish it can be that simple to convert over to coilover fronts and ditch the torsion bar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom