Requesting general and long-term maintenance tips for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thecoldfish.com
I have a 2004, and I want it to last a long long time. It’s my daily driver and my vacation explorer. Parts for these 100 series rigs are becoming harder to find, so I’m conscious of my rig’s maintenance needs.

Beyond routine maintenance stuff (e.g., fluids, timing, heater Ts), what are the things I should be looking at to maintain my rig for the next generation?

Are there connectors (bolts, screws, clips, etc.) I should be checking and replacing?

Are there bushings, washers, boots, gaskets that I should be monitoring and replacing?

What else should I be thinking about?

(FWIW this isn’t about resale - it’s about usability, reliability, safety, and pride.)

All opinions and advice are welcome.

I have a 2004, and I want it to last a long long time. It’s my daily driver and my vacation explorer. Parts for these 100 series rigs are becoming harder to find, so I’m conscious of my rig’s maintenance needs.

Beyond routine maintenance stuff (e.g., fluids, timing, heater Ts), what are the things I should be looking at to maintain my rig for the next generation?

Are there connectors (bolts, screws, clips, etc.) I should be checking and replacing?

Are there bushings, washers, boots, gaskets that I should be monitoring and replacing?

(FWIW this isn’t about resale - it’s about usability, reliability, safety, and pride.)

Actually parts for Hundy are not hard to find (at least not for now). You can probably find most of what you need from McGeorge, Partsouq, Impex with good discount. :p

I replaced my starter as Preventative Maintenance. Many might think that is a bit excessive:lol: but I was already replacing valve cover gaskets. To continue the theme, i also replaced all my 20 year old coolant lines while I was in there, even though I'm just a bit north of 150k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom