SOLVED: 09 LX 570 horn still doesn’t work after replacing clock spring. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE: finally had some time to get under the hood and test the horns. The low note horn does not work. I removed both horns, cleaned terminal connections with Deoxit, reinstalled, and the low horn still doesn’t work. I swapped their positions (connectors are the same), and the high horn works in the low horn’s spot. Thus, I have determined the low note horn itself is faulty.

Part number is 86520-60260.

My default place to search OEM parts is McGeorge Toyota, which is now called Ourisman of Richmond.
Your Source for Genuine Toyota Online Parts | McGeorge Toyota Parts - https://parts.ourismantoyotaofrichmond.com/
They have consistently had the best price even after shipping on OEM Toyota parts located in the US. (If you’re out west, shipping may make it less of a good deal.)

The horn retails for 104.40, but OoR Toyota has it in stock for $69.63.

Before ordering, I called Beaman Toyota in Nashville to see if I could snag one locally for a few more bucks instead of waiting for it to be shipped. Beaman parts counter said they could order it…FOR $156.60!! THEY ADD 50 PERCENT TO LIST PRICE (half of 104.40 is 52.20, add em up to get 156.60). Unreal.

I absolutely LOATHE all of the dealers in my area. This crap is par for the course with all of them (Toyota of Cool Springs and North Nashville Toyota being the others).

Needless to say, I ordered the part from Ourisman Toyota of Richmond. Anyway, if you’re looking for OEM parts stateside, check there first.

IMG_5341.jpeg

UPDATE: finally had some time to get under the hood and test the horns. The low note horn does not work. I removed both horns, cleaned terminal connections with Deoxit, reinstalled, and the low horn still doesn’t work. I swapped their positions (connectors are the same), and the high horn works in the low horn’s spot. Thus, I have determined the low note horn itself is faulty.

Part number is 86520-60260.

My default place to search OEM parts is McGeorge Toyota, which is now called Ourisman of Richmond.
Your Source for Genuine Toyota Online Parts | McGeorge Toyota Parts - https://parts.ourismantoyotaofrichmond.com/
They have consistently had the best price even after shipping on OEM Toyota parts located in the US. (If you’re out west, shipping may make it less of a good deal.)

The horn retails for 104.40, but OoR Toyota has it in stock for $69.63.

Before ordering, I called Beaman Toyota in Nashville to see if I could snag one locally for a few more bucks instead of waiting for it to be shipped. Beaman parts counter said they could order it…FOR $156.60!! THEY ADD 50 PERCENT TO LIST PRICE (half of 104.40 is 52.20, add em up to get 156.60). Unreal.

I absolutely LOATHE all of the dealers in my area. This crap is par for the course with all of them (Toyota of Cool Springs and North Nashville Toyota being the others).

Needless to say, I ordered the part from Ourisman Toyota of Richmond. Anyway, if you’re looking for OEM parts stateside, check there first.

View attachment 3583196
One of the horns on my 200 was flaky when I got it, though it wasn’t popping fuses or anything, but not totally unprecedented.

Glad you got it sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom