What battery to replace LX 570? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched Walmart's site and it says the group size 24F is compatible with my 2014. But everywhere else it says 27F is the correct group size. And then, should I consider AGM over regular? Thank you.

I have searched Walmart's site and it says the group size 24F is compatible with my 2014. But everywhere else it says 27F is the correct group size. And then, should I consider AGM over regular? Thank you.
You should not consider AGM (in my opinion, due to the higher voltage requirements of AGM batteries and general incompatibility with your alternator's output...others will disagree, as there are further modifications that can support an AGM). Group 27F and 24F will both fit, with the former having a higher capacity than the later. Some folks will also fit a group 31 battery (larger capacity yet, and may require modification of the terminal attachments).

I currently run a 27F, but may consider going to a 31 in the future.

@CanadianRockyCruiser, thank you so much for the response. My battery was kinda old and the dealer already said it could go out the door anytime so I like to plan ahead. You said going with 31 may require some modifications. Do you have more info. on those modifications? If it's not too difficult, I might consider it as well.

Again, thank you.

@CanadianRockyCruiser, thank you so much for the response. My battery was kinda old and the dealer already said it could go out the door anytime so I like to plan ahead. You said going with 31 may require some modifications. Do you have more info. on those modifications? If it's not too difficult, I might consider it as well.

Again, thank you.
Check this out:

@TeCKis300 has produced a ton of valuable content for this forum.

I had a Lexus dealership replace the battery in my 100 and it has lasted since 2015 with zero issues. My factory Toyota battery is still going strong in my 200 after almost 9 years and, given that experience, i am staying with Toyota/Lexus.

Not sure how I get so lucky with batteries but I will say I do maintain them. I check / top off water levels in the cells every 6 months (yes, even modern batteries can be maintained) and keep the terminals corrosion free with CRC Battery protectant spray. I also always use a solar or plug in trickle charger when leaving them parked. Seems to help.

Last edited:
Okay, I have a dumb question. I ended up in purchasing the Everstart 27F from Walmart since I kinda need it fast. However, I found that the two terminals are reversed. What are my options? The cables are too short to reach on the new battery.
battery.png

Okay, so maybe the 27F is incorrect. I'm looking at Walmart's site and it showed that the 24F has the positive terminal on the left just like the original.
1706656572484.png

Okay, I have a dumb question. I ended up in purchasing the Everstart 27F from Walmart since I kinda need it fast. However, I found that the two terminals are reversed. What are my options? The cables are too short to reach on the new battery.
View attachment 3546281

You bought an EverStart 27, not a 27F - that's why the terminals are reversed.

I suggest returning the EverStart 27 to Wal-Mart and exchange it for the correct EverStart 27F.

HTH

P.S. The EverStart 24F has the terminals on the correct sides, but is a smaller capacity battery. In a pinch you could install the 24F, but I would not view it as an optimal solution.

I think I know why...it seems like Walmart don't carry 27F. I saw 27 and forgot that I'm missing the "F" part. I searched their site and couldn't find 27F.

I think I know why...it seems like Walmart don't carry 27F. I saw 27 and forgot that I'm missing the "F" part. I searched their site and couldn't find 27F.

I just searched their site as well and found no 27F batteries,,,

If you are near a Costco, they have a good deal on an Interstate 27F battery:

Picture1.jpg

If Costco is not an option, you can always go to a Toyota dealer and get a 27F battery - they are also great batteries.

HTH

From the info on the top of the battery you pulled out, it looks like it’s only 4 1/2 years old (Oct 19). Did it go bad?

too bad you're not near Lexus of Omaha (free 5 year replacement). I am lucky to get more than 4 years from any of my batteries. So much so that after 4 years, I am replacing them on my wife's car as I don't want her to get stranded as has been the proven timeline of dead batteries in years past.

For anyone stumbling upon this thread later, a group 31 just doesn't make sense for most 200 owners. The mods just aren't necessary unless you really, really need reserve capacity and CCA. The stock 27F is a serious battery by most vehicle standards.

Likewise, the 24 is leaving a lot on the table. A 27F fits like a glove and will reliably start our rigs in really bad conditions.. find one and drop it in.

From the info on the top of the battery you pulled out, it looks like it’s only 4 1/2 years old (Oct 19). Did it go bad?
I forgot to look at the date of the battery; however, last year I took the vehicle to a Lexus dealer for other stuff to be done and they said the battery is getting close to be replaced. Fast forward to three days ago, while I was still in the store, my kid (with my car key) decided to press the start engine button so that he can some heat. He didn't turn on the engine...just press the start/stop engine button. When I got back from the store the battery was dead. Since then the vehicle has been having difficult starting up. That's why I decided to just get a new battery.

too bad you're not near Lexus of Omaha (free 5 year replacement). I am lucky to get more than 4 years from any of my batteries. So much so that after 4 years, I am replacing them on my wife's car as I don't want her to get stranded as has been the proven timeline of dead batteries in years past.
Yep, I live in Wisconsin so not going to get that free replacement. :)

For anyone stumbling upon this thread later, a group 31 just doesn't make sense for most 200 owners. The mods just aren't necessary unless you really, really need reserve capacity and CCA. The stock 27F is a serious battery by most vehicle standards.

Likewise, the 24 is leaving a lot on the table. A 27F fits like a glove and will reliably start our rigs in really bad conditions.. find one and drop it in.
I'm trying to get a 27F with 810 CCA but no local store here carries any. That is why I have to settle for a 24F.

Also why are you focused on that specific spec? What CCA is available in a 27F locally?

The 27F is objectively a better battery for our vehicles, and specifically for things like cranking after an extended power draw, aka reserve capacity.

Just look at the size difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom