0 to 60 times. How slow/fast is your 80? w/ videos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just curious how you calibrated your Scangauge. Was it just a setting in the box or was it compared to GPS? Only reason I ask is it seems like your speedo is a little more off than most. It appeared to be at 50-51 when your scangauge read 60. I know with GPS my speedo reads 54 at 60. I haven't messed with the scangauge settings but that would be easier than memorizing the % difference and doing the math in my head. Lol. But since mine is 11% I just round down to 10% driving around town so pretty easy.

Yes. It was a setting you can input. It's been a long time but I believe I too used 11% difference (31" OEM vs 35" current). Now you have me curious if I have it set for 37s or 35s. That could explain the difference. Ill compare to GPS on drive home tomorrow and check scanguage and update.

Kilometers are lame ;)

image.jpg

Spinoff on the same subject:D. I had to let off as I got into traffic...

I will have to download the scangauge manual that seems pretty handy. Thanks for the video!

From main menu go to
More>
Setup>
Speed>

Scroll up or down to adjust % bigger or smaller tire vs stock. And doh. Good catch. I was still setup as 19 % over for 37s. Guess ill have to romp on it again :steer:

No problem it is easy just to look at the video time around 54-55mph. That would be right in line with the Murf's SC'd truck around high 8's low 9's.

But that makes me wonder about beachcomber's truck running 12's. Wonder if he has a boost leak?

Can't recall the last time I had mine up to 60...

But it does get there eventually!:steer::clap:

I know it'll climb a 60 foot sandpit wall in about 5 seconds though, does that count?

1996 TRD Supercharged, methanol injection, 36" tires, 4.88 gears, 50 degrees. GPS shows 60 at a corrected 57.5 mph.

8.67 on the stopwatch. I need more hands and eyes to do this test lol. Ill try to do another run with video.
Those are great results! I have a 2.6 pulley laying around. That+meth+IC may equal awesome-thanks for posting, Murf!

No problem it is easy just to look at the video time around 54-55mph. That would be right in line with the Murf's SC'd truck around high 8's low 9's.

But that makes me wonder about beachcomber's truck running 12's. Wonder if he has a boost leak?
Mine was done at 95 degrees-dang Texas summers-Probably pulling timing.

1996 FZJ80 w/ 6.2 L92 Vortec, headers, hot tune, 4l70, 60 t-case, 329rwhp

6.5 seconds.

1996 fzj80 4.10 35". Winch tube bumpers 4bt cummins hx30 small turbo. Stock a343f and TransGo shift kit

About 17sec 0-60

turbo chokes at about 26lbs of boost. I don't have the waistgate operational yet. Not going for HP performance yet. Transmission is not tuned as well as I would like yet either just haven't had time and money for a stand alone yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom