4" HFS lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

metalonmetal

Rebuilding
Threads
finally... got everything together and slapped it on there.
i couldn't be more pleased with the ride, everything's level, everything went together smooth, no hiccups, check it out.
bruiser01.jpg

Looks great!!! I'm going to be installing the same kit in a week or so and was wondering what shackles you used (look like hfs )and did you need caster shims? I ordered the hfs 1.5 shackles and 4 deg shims , but dont know if I need the shims or not. thanks, Wes

ya they're the 1.5" extended barbell shackles from ccot, also got the same 4 deg shims for the front, didn't put any in the rear. no vibrations or noises. i think you'll be impressed, well worth the $

How would you describe the ride? Is it soft over bumps like railroad tracks? Have you tried flexing it out at all? I'm curious as I need to get rid of the overly harsh BDS lift that came with my rig.

unfortunately i haven't had the chance to take it offroad, but on the road i've felt it's a lot smoother over the potholes and train tracks. i'm dying to get it on some rocks and see how much it'll flex. there's incredible action in those shackles, they sit perfectly. on the ccot website they gotta guy who's installed the same kit, and took pictures of the shackles with a tape measure up next to em, those pictures don't lie.

looks good, i have heard good things about that lift.

well i didnt want to break your heart, but yeah you shouldve gone soa and been done with it. haha

here's a shot taken earlier, you can see a hint of the aluminum shim in the pic (fat end forward). i bought the shims with the pins, the pins were plenty long, you'll definately need to cut the ends off after the install. i also heard some people having problems with their drag link rubbing the shock housing, it looked that way when i had everything jacked up, but once i let everything down and bounced on the bumpers it had plenty of room.
bruiser05.jpg

Looks Great! Are those 35" x 12.50's? What was the install time on the whole kit? I am hoping to install the same after the holidays! Thanks!

I have the same setup. Rides nice and road handling is pretty impressive. Wouldn't exactly say it floats over the train tracks but does well all around. Took about 6 hrs to install.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I have been thinking about this lift for quite awhile now and I think you just pushed me over the edge (where is my credit card!). A couple questions: Do you know where your total lift height ended up with the 1-1/2 shackles? Also, what is the measurement from the ground to, say, the top of the rain gutter? Lastly, did one of those CCOT girls come in the box? Thanks, Kev.

Kuhndog said:
Looks Great! Are those 35" x 12.50's? What was the install time on the whole kit? I am hoping to install the same after the holidays! Thanks!

ya they're 35x12.5 on 15x10 wheels (3.5" bs) there were three of us workin on it over the weekend, to our amazement it took about an hour to peel everything off, previous owner had replaced many parts like the spring pins (thank god) and bushings and u-bolts. then it was another 3 hrs installing the suspension, with ample time for pizza and beer. we decided to leave the brake lines and fender cutting for the next day, we ran into a hiccup with one of the hard brake lines kinking. easily a weekend job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom