Group buy: Aussie sliding windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

polarweasel

Where's mah cruzah?
Threads
Website
polarweasel.org
A while back, I looked at running a group import on Aussie sliding rear windows like these. I've decided not to mess with importing hassles and potentially unusable windows. Besides which, shipping is outrageous (even with TNT, Landpimp!).

So I contacted Steve Hayes at Man-A-Fre, and he has agreed to offer a group buy.

The price is $150 for a pair of [highlight]used OEM Toyota sliding rear windows[/highlight] for an FJ60 or FJ62. That's $45 cheaper than their regular price when they have them, and $110 cheaper than SOR's aftermarket windows!

(Check out this PDF for glass installation details.)

CONDITIONS:
* Full payment up front, because this is a special order.
* No returns. See above.
* You must place your order through Steve at Man-A-Fre.
* The group buy closes on June 20th so the container can ship on schedule.
* Your card will be charged the purchase price on June 20th.
* You will be billed for shipping when your windows are shipped to you.​

[size=+2]Pay Steve-O, then post here and you'll get on the list![/size]
(And there's no reason to be on the list, really, other than peer pressure... :D)

BILLING and SHIPPING:
Shipping to me in Colorado (80537) will be $37.

They can only pack [highlight]one pair per box[/highlight], so they can't do multiple-pair shipping discounts.

"The last set I sent out was about $30.00 for shipping, going to Oregon (Thanks Ken!)"

"For payment, I'll probably be billing them all at once on June 20th. That is the cut-off date for the buy, you have until then to order, cancel, are change anything you like. I will be billing the shipping when the windows leave our wherehouse here, not when you order them."

Steve will get the windows into their regular shipping-container shipment that is scheduled to leave Australia in about a month and a half. That means we should see the windows inside of three months.

NOTE:
The windows are not in perfect condition. They are used parts off of junkyard vehicles! However, Steve tells me that Man-A-Fre throws out the bad ones they get, so the ones you buy will work fine. They include new felt lining for the window tracks.

Steve's contact info (orders only! Please keep questions in the thread here so everyone can get the answer) is:

Steve Hayes
Man-A-Fre
805-578-8712, ex. 105
steve@man-a-fre.com

Post your questions here. I'll update this post with new information and as people sign up...

BUYERS:
1. polarweasel
2. Spook50
3. Tinker
4. hullendersauce
5. luker
6. BarnacleBob
7. SS_Storm
8. Dunbar
9. VTCruiser
10. Bill Hitchcock
11. 82-SOA-60
12. PolterGeist
13. meluhha
14. swampymarsh
15. toolman

Last edited:
I'm definately 80% in.

Only thing holding me back- how hard is it to install the new windows. Is it something I can do in my driveway, or do I need to take them to a shop?

Do the sliders have a screen in the sliding portion, or is it just an open window like the 80 series?

Does the $150 cover shipping to my place?

I'm not sure on the weatherstripping. I hear the windows are pretty easy to install, although I'll be taking mine to an auto-glass shop to install. Steve-O, any idea on reusing the gasket?

$150 does not include shipping. Combining shipping with other people in your area will be helpful. I'm waiting to hear from Steve on what it will cost to ship a pair to me in Colorado...

The windows are open, like the 80-series windows. They slide open from either end.

mine are on the way

the LOVETRACTOR sold me his. :D
ups picked them up today...hehehe!!!! ;)

For those of you too lazy to click the link up there, they look like this:

60slidingwindow.jpg

Last edited:
Does the $150 include shipping to our house?
Russ :cool:

Ok, for the weatherstrip, Toyota did not offer weatherstripping for these windows in Australia, they were actually glued in. Unfortunately there is no lip on the windows for weatherstripping, so they must also be glued in using butyl rubber. Elmers wont cut it...... :doh: The $150 price does not include shipping, the last set I sent out was about $30.00 for shipping, going to Oregon (Thanks Ken!) Alex was right about the screens, there are none!

For payment, I'll probably be billing them all at once on June 20th. That is the cut-off date for the buy, you have until then to order, cancel, are change anything you like. I will be billing the shipping when the windows leave our wherehouse here, not when you order them. We do this because we charge whatever UPS/FedEx charges for shipping. We must box, weigh and enter the address to know the exact shipping cost.

Thanks!
Steve

sliding windows

OK, I have to ask two stupid questions:

1. Is the price for a pair, or just one side?
2. Are these going to fit 60's, 40's or both?

I'm 75% in.

4lowNgo said:
OK, I have to ask two stupid questions:

1. Is the price for a pair, or just one side?
2. Are these going to fit 60's, 40's or both?

I'm 75% in.
You're right, those are stupid questions... :doh:

1. price is per pair.
2. they'll fit 60s and 62s, not 40s, 55s, VW bugs, Chrysler LeBarons, or your Grand Cherokee. :flipoff2:

Wow, sweet deal.

Hey Steve is this something we can do via an online order as well? I'm overseas, but want to jump in on this so I can install 'em when I return home.

Spook50 said:
Wow, sweet deal.

Hey Steve is this something we can do via an online order as well? I'm overseas, but want to jump in on this so I can install 'em when I return home.

No, the price will not be the same through the internet. You can contact me through e-mail to get everything set up if you like. Thanks, Steve.

Steve-O said:
No, the price will not be the same through the internet. You can contact me through e-mail to get everything set up if you like. Thanks, Steve.

Works for me. Count me in then. I'll use my June 15th paycheck to pay for 'em, so I'll drop you a line around that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom