Rear window Troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New FJ62 owner. And a newbie tech.

Rear window goes down, but not up, from its switch. It does not work at all from the master switch (which is new).

I swapped the switch on the problematic window with one I know works, and it only went down, and not up, as well…

The connections look clean on the plug.

Pulled the motor and regulator and have the glass propped up and closed with a 2x4 right now.

Motor gear case seems a little gunked up, but I haven’t opened it.

I’ve been searching the forum and not finding info on what to do next. How do I diagnose if it’s the motor, relay, some other electrical issue?

New FJ62 owner. And a newbie tech.

Rear window goes down, but not up, from its switch. It does not work at all from the master switch (which is new).

I swapped the switch on the problematic window with one I know works, and it only went down, and not up, as well…

The connections look clean on the plug.

Pulled the motor and regulator and have the glass propped up and closed with a 2x4 right now.

Motor gear case seems a little gunked up, but I haven’t opened it.

I’ve been searching the forum and not finding info on what to do next. How do I diagnose if it’s the motor, relay, some other electrical issue?
Thanks in advance for any help or direction on old posts to reference.

May want to do some of the functional checks from the FSM. Not sure why it would work at that window and nothing at master drivers. There’s the motor check, switch and relay check as well

IMG_6604.png

IMG_6603.png

IMG_6602.png

May want to do some of the functional checks from the FSM. Not sure why it would work at that window and nothing at master drivers. There’s the motor check, switch and relay check as well

View attachment 3339838

View attachment 3339839

View attachment 3339840
Thank you for this.

I might need to take closer look at the electrical.

I’ve tested the motor by hooking it up to a 12v and it operates in both directions with no issue. This was after cleaning it up a bit.

Going to reinstall the motor and go from there.

The motor may work without any resistance of the window in the old, dirty rubber tracks but may not be strong enough to over come the resistance with the window installed.

I'd remove the rubber window runs, clean real well with Dawn dish soap and a brush. Clean the edges of the window too.

Then use some Gummi Pflege to recondition the rubber. It may take a few treatments.
Then just a bit of silicon in the runs to help the window glide.

Worked on my 60.
B865E303-0537-4D0A-8B39-CEAA0081E476.jpeg

The motor may work without any resistance of the window in the old, dirty rubber tracks but may not be strong enough to over come the resistance with the window installed.

I'd remove the rubber window runs, clean real well with Dawn dish soap and a brush. Clean the edges of the window too.

Then use some Gummi Pflege to recondition the rubber. It may take a few treatments.
Then just a bit of silicon in the runs to help the window glide.

Worked on my 60.
View attachment 3340262
Thank you! Didn’t think that the motor might not be able to move the windows with resistance, but makes sense.

Now that I’m in there, I am seeing the regulator and the tracks need a proper cleaning and re-application of lubricant. Will grab some Gummi Pfledge for the rubber.

Going to reapply grease in the motor as well since I’ve already pulled and cleaned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom