Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Chungas Revenge is the valve cover painted or polished? From the views I have seen, it is hard to tell. Either way: it awesome

Painted…All the silver bits, inside and outside the tub are color matched off of the silver “hoods” on the rear of the license plate bracket.

AEC7A6AA-23FB-4304-BACF-43310BBF108F.jpeg

I’ll Probably run it over to the super store on the 1st of the month and park it close to the entrance just to get it over with.
Better yet, as I found out the hard way in my previously pristine 4R, park a distance away when a storm is rolling in so a shopping cart can gain an extreme amount of speed before taking out your door. The design of a shopping cart speaks "FU" to sliders. That was a few years ago and the lastest storm a week ago resulted in my parents' neighbors trampoline crashing through an 8 foot board on board fence, landing on their roof, poking holes through it, landing on my mom's Honda, crushing the top and windshield, totalling it, hitting my Dad's 4R, causing over 5k in damage and then setting it's sights on my 4R! Didn't matter how careful I was with my 4R, not to make you nervous about your perfect 40! LOL!!!! It's beautiful!!!! I might need to take a drive down to Akron in my 40 to check it out when the weather warms up. Maybe we could have a little get together down there for your beauty's "unveiling!"

IMG_2877.png

It’s the small things.

@Coolerman rebuilt my wiring harness (firewall back) during the transition from the storage bld to the Dawson facility. I sent him a bag of pieces, parts and unidentifiable wiring. He sent me back a functioning harness. 👍👍👍

Firewall forward for the most part is OE. @Jdc1 putting the finishing touches on the harness with new wrap.

8A8832D1-AD90-4017-B8E2-3C3606E1D8F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Better yet, as I found out the hard way in my previously pristine 4R, park a distance away when a storm is rolling in so a shopping cart can gain an extreme amount of speed before taking out your door. The design of a shopping cart speaks "FU" to sliders. That was a few years ago and the lastest storm a week ago resulted in my parents' neighbors trampoline crashing through an 8 foot board on board fence, landing on their roof, poking holes through it, landing on my mom's Honda, crushing the top and windshield, totalling it, hitting my Dad's 4R, causing over 5k in damage and then setting it's sights on my 4R! Didn't matter how careful I was with my 4R, not to make you nervous about your perfect 40! LOL!!!! It's beautiful!!!! I might need to take a drive down to Akron in my 40 to check it out when the weather warms up. Maybe we could have a little get together down there for your beauty's "unveiling!"

View attachment 3612748

I don’t think that’s going to buff out…😳 That really $uchs on all levels.

On a high note, I’m in for a christening of the @Jdc1 new bld in Akron. I’m seeing smoker billowing in the corner, cold frosty beverages courtesy of an overly grinning Mule owner and the prerequisite assembly of TLC’s adorning the lawn.

A brief short lived “Concourse de Akron” without the champagne and salty fish eggs.

“@Jdc1 new building”
I knew it, no question they would need expansion after seeing what kind of work they do!

It must have taken you boys a solid year of discussing/ hashing out decisions on everything from color to what direction to “wrap” the harness! My brain is still trying to imagine being this meticulous. The results certainly speak for themselves and the craftsmanship is on another level.

Shopping carts should be outlawed. Make everyone carry their own groceries to the car. I detest anyone too lazy to push a cart to the cart corral after unloading their groceries.

On a high note, I’m in for a christening of the @Jdc1 new bld in Akron. I’m seeing smoker billowing in the corner, cold frosty beverages courtesy of an overly grinning Mule owner and the prerequisite assembly of TLC’s adorning the lawn.

A brief short lived “Concourse de Akron” without the champagne and salty fish eggs.
No kidding…if you have this unveiling gala… I would love to make it…Chevy pickup, but I’d like to make it

“@Jdc1 new building”
I knew it, no question they would need expansion after seeing what kind of work they do!

It must have taken you boys a solid year of discussing/ hashing out decisions on everything from color to what direction to “wrap” the harness! My brain is still trying to imagine being this meticulous. The results certainly speak for themselves and the craftsmanship is on another level.

Shopping carts should be outlawed. Make everyone carry their own groceries to the car. I detest anyone too lazy to push a cart to the cart corral after unloading their groceries.

No kidding…if you have this unveiling gala… I would love to make it…Chevy pickup, but I’d like to make it

I'll bring some celebratory Cigars 🥂. This event might be epic enough for a page or few of an upcoming Toyota Trails mag.
HQ is in process and slowly being moved forward, has been a busy few months. Unveiling/shop break in/bulls@&t session is in the works. Need to dial in dates and make it happen. Any DD are welcome, we aren’t picky. The crazy thing with this level of paint is how tough it is, evident with how hard it is to take off with a sandblaster vs spray bomb. With the base clear, any damage that happens can be fixed relatively easily and bonus of having mostly aluminum so rust isn’t an issue.

915992C2-7957-4116-9483-06229A4CB538.jpeg

7BEF0452-D7B8-4BDF-ABD8-30272DAE9285.jpeg

Last edited:
“@Jdc1 new building”

I gotta say, the “Comms” have been excellent.

I'll bring some celebratory Cigars 🥂. This event might be epic enough for a page or few of an upcoming Toyota Trails mag.

It could be a thing. 🎈

Annual sacrificing of chickens, beeves and brain cells? Well, maybe not in that exact order.

I once heard that “A chicken is the wisest of all animals, it doesn’t cackle until the egg is laid”. I’m going to pull over into the caution lane and hold off on the victory dance until this egg is laid. Apparently It’s flying trampoline season in Ohio and I don’t want to tempt fortune. But, we are rounding third and the third base coach is waiving us around. If RCLC would be so gracious as to hold an event, I want in on the planning committee…I think “Beverage Director”…Meeeybeee.

I’m all in..😎

@Jdc1
@Dianna

Last edited:
It could be a thing. 🎈

Annual sacrificing of chickens, beeves and brain cells? Well, maybe not in that exact order.
I once heard that “A chicken is the wisest of all animals, it doesn’t cackle until the egg is laid”. I’m going to pull over into the caution lane and hold off on the victory dance until this egg is laid. Apparently It’s flying trampoline season in Ohio and I don’t want to temp fortune. But, we are rounding third and the third base coach is waiving us around. If RCLC would be so gracious as to hold an event I want in on the planning committee…I think “Beverage Director”…Meeeybeee.

I’m all in..😎

@Jdc1
@Dianna
looping in the social chat- @dlzadl

I once heard that “A chicken is the wisest of all animals, it doesn’t cackle until the egg is laid”. I’m going to pull over into the caution lane and hold off on the victory dance until this egg is laid. Apparently It’s flying trampoline season in Ohio and I don’t want to temp fortune. But, we are rounding third and the third base coach is waiving us around. If RCLC would be so gracious as to hold an event I want in on the planning committee…I think “Beverage Director”…Meeeybeee.

I’m all in..😎

@Jdc1
@Dianna

At one time, a friend started raising chickens. Once the eggs started being laid, he was overjoyed by the amount they had laid. He soon learned what Ole saying meant. "Don't count your chickens b4 they're hatched." Using the Caution lane is a wise choice. :)

Wow, There's a possibility of a Land Cruiser event in Ohio?

Last edited:
Wow, There's a possibility of a Land Cruiser event in Ohio?

Well, I think I’ve been fanning the flames by accident. Yep, that’s my story and I’m stick’en to it. 🙄

Hope it warms up a bit. It’s 40f right now. Great to be in Ohio. I’m all in for a party and there’s a rumor that the newest Land Cruiser in Lexus flavor could be lurking and available for a look. I think it should be the first in Ohio. @Jdc1 will bring out the 72, my truck Princess will be in our midst. I’m sure a few old guys and gals from around PA, Cleveland and Columbus would be in attendance.

Hope it warms up a bit. It’s 40f right now. Great to be in Ohio. I’m all in for a party and there’s a rumor that the newest Land Cruiser in Lexus flavor could be lurking and available for a look. I think it should be the first in Ohio. @Jdc1 will bring out the 72, my truck Princess will be in our midst. I’m sure a few old guys and gals from around PA, Cleveland and Columbus would be in attendance.
Hmmmm - someone might oughta contact Browns Stadium - this event seems to be coming under the Multiplier Effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom