What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed my new blue "supercharger" on the old 3B LOL.

IMG_7087.jpg
IMG_7085.jpg

Reupholstered seats are finally in!
I switched from a bench setup and long jump seats to buckets and short jump seats. I tried to keep everything as factory as possible. Re-did the seats, OEM roll bar re-done, powder coated the bar and seat frames, Overland Metric/JIS hardware. The seating position is now taller and MUCH better than the bench, IMO a major improvement. My interior makeover is almost complete, just have some odd and end hardware to correct.

View attachment 3590690

View attachment 3590691

Jealous of the late model dual dome light.

thanks for the part #. I got the ccot set awhile back and as expected, they are junk and fit terribly.
Funny thing about getting older… a week or two ago, I found one of the old ones laying on the garage floor. I knew that I had seen one of these doo-hickies before but for the life of me I couldn’t remember where. A few days later when I had the hood up, I had an “Ah-Ha” moment.

Funny thing about getting older… a week or two ago, I found one of the old ones laying on the garage floor. I knew that I had seen one of these doo-hickies before but for the life of me I couldn’t remember where. A few days later when I had the hood up, I had an “Ah-Ha” moment.
When I find random things on the floor I usually figure out where they belong a few days after I throw them away 🤷

Passed the CA smog test, again. It surprises me how well this old truck does. This is the first year I didn't monkey with with the fuel. I worry about this Fed truck in CA, so for past tests I'd roll into the shop on a nearly empty tank with a 50-50 mix of 91 and E85. This year, just used 91 and tested while the truck was good and hot. Easily passed. The scores were virtually identical to the E85 juiced tests.

@FLMikem. No problem, here in New Jersey none of the directional signals work…we just use hand signals 🖕

Installed a new rear main seal and finally got my oil pan reinstalled. My old oil pan gasket was extremely difficult to remove but reinstall wasn’t so bad. The only thing that concerns me is my flange was quite deformed. I got it flattened out as much as possible so fingers crossed there will be no leaks!

IMG_0945.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg

IMG_0949.jpeg

And I have been sleeping with my electric blanket…..

Took advantage of the Cruiser Brothers spring sale and ordered a transfer case. Nothing planned at the moment but was hard to pass up on the deal. The savings offset the machining costs for a 3 to 1 planned re-gearing (way down the road) so it was a no brainer. I decided to pass on everything else I would need for now, I am planning on putting this on the shelf until I save up for more pieces.
Then out of the blue I got a call from George (@orangefj45) verifying my order and to ask what I planned to do with it. George made me aware of both the plug and the shift fork change that I would need to do down the road when I finally have enough funds for a 5 spd. His reasoning was that it was better to do it now than later when it was apart for machining, and no, I wasn't thinking that far ahead. His common sense approach to ask and his vast knowledge and thoughtfulness to reach out will surely save me future headaches with this impulse buy. As many have said, George is a great vendor and this was yet another example.
On another note, I recognized the number but would've never of guessed it was George calling. Kinda caught me off guard.
Thanks again George and to Roark as well!

Took advantage of the Cruiser Brothers spring sale and ordered a transfer case. Nothing planned at the moment but was hard to pass up on the deal. The savings offset the machining costs for a 3 to 1 planned re-gearing (way down the road) so it was a no brainer. I decided to pass on everything else I would need for now, I am planning on putting this on the shelf until I save up for more pieces.
Then out of the blue I got a call from George (@orangefj45) verifying my order and to ask what I planned to do with it. George made me aware of both the plug and the shift fork change that I would need to do down the road when I finally have enough funds for a 5 spd. His reasoning was that it was better to do it now than later when it was apart for machining, and no, I wasn't thinking that far ahead. His common sense approach to ask and his vast knowledge and thoughtfulness to reach out will surely save me future headaches with this impulse buy. As many have said, George is a great vendor and this was yet another example.
On another note, I recognized the number but would've never of guessed it was George calling. Kinda caught me off guard.
Thanks again George and to Roark as well!
Thank you for the order, the kind words/support and for taking the time to post this.
We firmly believe that proper tech support SHOULD ALWAYS be part of any parts purchase.

Happy to help!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers. 😎

Dang. OOS on everything “I need”.

Oh well. Great vendor though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom