What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A coffin arrived from Golden. Getting ready for the slider install tomorrow while the in-laws visit.
IMG_8891.jpeg

Before putting on my new sliders, I gave a little front sensor lift to Mr. Wayne and put on my perryparts bump stops…

IMG_8895.jpeg

…swell, I put on one. The passenger side OEM bump broke as I was removing it, leaving the threaded stud in place. Because of the LCA, I can’t get a drill lined up to drill out the stud. Does anyone have any suggestions besides dropping the LCA?

IMG_8897.jpeg

I never had time to get started on the sliders.

Before putting on my new sliders, I gave a little front sensor lift to Mr. Wayne and put on my perryparts bump stops…

View attachment 3589504
…swell, I put on one. The passenger side OEM bump broke as I was removing it, leaving the threaded stud in place. Because of the LCA, I can’t get a drill lined up to drill out the stud. Does anyone have any suggestions besides dropping the LCA?

View attachment 3589508

Got a welder ?

View attachment 3589504

View attachment 3589508

I had to drill out the stud from above. I'll see if I can find my post about it.

View attachment 3589504

View attachment 3589508

One of these right angle drill bit attachments along with a stubby 1/4” hex drill bit and 1/4” hex bolt removing bit have done the trick for me in the past.
1711249978987.jpeg

It was time to rebuild and upgrade the drawer system. Second row driver side seat came out a month ago and I've been building out the drawer section. That's almost done (wings and protective coating to do) then it's on to the 2nd row storage/sleeping platform.

20240324_135659.jpg

20240324_135754.jpg

20240323_214056.jpg

You guys are talented
It was time to rebuild and upgrade the drawer system. Second row driver side seat came out a month ago and I've been building out the drawer section. That's almost done (wings and protective coating to do) then it's on to the 2nd row storage/sleeping platform.

View attachment 3590747

You guys are very talented. All I could muster recently was changing out the fluids in the diffs, engine oil, transfer case, power steering, and brake system.... along with new plugs, rotors/pads, air filter, wiper blades, and cleaning the cabin air filter.

This week I'm getting a new radiator, alternator, pulleys, water pump, and hoses but I'm going to pay my local guy ($100 hourly) to take care of it in my garage.

So if it happens in my garage when someone else does it, do I get partial credit? ;)

You guys are talented

You guys are very talented. All I could muster recently was changing out the fluids in the diffs, engine oil, transfer case, power steering, and brake system.... along with new plugs, rotors/pads, air filter, wiper blades, and cleaning the cabin air filter.

This week I'm getting a new radiator, alternator, pulleys, water pump, and hoses but I'm going to pay my local guy ($100 hourly) to take care of it in my garage.

So if it happens in my garage when someone else does it, do I get partial credit? ;)
Heck yeah...that's a "me and a buddy worked on my truck" day which according to rule 74 subsection b of the man code handbook is classified as... Honey get the kids and come see what I did. I did a "thing".

same I dont want to drill

I can wait till next year :)
I just installed WKN for my 200. Yes, the drilling is cringy, but they are really secure and stout on the truck now—more so than those that use the U Brackets, I would assume. Great customer service as well.

After the 100th close call during the frequent snow/rain storms out here, I decided to install rear fog light. I bought the OEM stalk and was going to do a bunch of custom wiring until I heard a relay click in the dash after installing the new stalk. After some messing around and testing, I realized the truck was already prewired all the way to the rear for the fog lights. The only thing missing was the wires from the rear sonar harness and the fog lights themselves. So I ordered those 2 and installed everything. It all works as it should now.

The next step is testing to see if the bulb is installed in the cluster. Going to look at the FSM diagrams and see if grounding pin 9 on the E2 connector is the correct method for the US LX.

The camera did not capture how bright they really are.

outside.JPG

inside.JPG

image_67220481.JPG

This is the connector for the rear sonar harness (where Frame #2 harness connects), the bottom 3 wires are for the sonar system and the top 2 are the positive and negative for the fog lights. I'm assuming if you have those top 2 wires, then your truck is prewired too.

After the 100th close call during the frequent snow/rain storms out here, I decided to install rear fog light. I bought the OEM stalk and was going to do a bunch of custom wiring until I heard a relay click in the dash after installing the new stalk. After some messing around and testing, I realized the truck was already prewired all the way to the rear for the fog lights. The only thing missing was the wires from the rear sonar harness and the fog lights themselves. So I ordered those 2 and installed everything. It all works as it should now.

The next step is testing to see if the bulb is installed in the cluster. Going to look at the FSM diagrams and see if grounding pin 9 on the E2 connector is the correct method for the US LX.

View attachment 3591083
View attachment 3591084

View attachment 3591091

This is the connector for the rear sonar harness (where Frame #2 harness connects), the bottom 3 wires are for the sonar system and the top 2 are the positive and negative for the fog lights. I'm assuming if you have those top 2 wires, then your truck is prewired too.
Can you add the pins to the Sonar harness that is currently in place?

Can you add the pins to the Sonar harness that is currently in place?
Yea, you should be able to just add 2 male terminals to the existing sonar harness connector and create your own wiring to the bulbs. That's what I would do over again instead of buying the $90 harness.

The OEM sonar + fog light harness (8216560270) is exactly that. Just 2 additional male leads in the connector with wires running directly to the lights. The new harness is below before I took the original one off, white connectors on the end go to the fogs. Sorry for the wacky floor.

image_50442753.JPG

View attachment 3591083
View attachment 3591084

View attachment 3591091

Have the part number for the stalk with the extra fog light switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom