Looking To Park (Store) Nathan's 100 Series in Raleigh Near NCSU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nathan will be graduating high school this spring. He has been accepted at NC State and Clemson for fall of '24. Both are good schools and he has a tough choice to make. NC State does not allow students to park on campus their freshman year. What we're looking for is a safe parking spot for his truck within a reasonable distance from campus. Ideally, he would store his truck at a club member's home and Uber to / from campus on the weekends that he needs to use his truck to drive home to Charlotte or to attend club events at Uwharrie. I know space is always at a premium with car hoarders like us, but if anybody has space for another LC in their driveway on a long-term temporary basis, let me know. I'd be willing to pay for this service.

IMG_6535[1].JPG

Wish I could help! When does he intend to decide?
He'll have to make a decision by early April. We're going to visit both schools again and see which one is the best fit.

Man, really wish I could help, especially if it helped him make the right choice (State) ;)

Alas, I have to shuffle to drive the 40 as it is :(

Nathan will be graduating high school this spring. He has been accepted at NC State and Clemson for fall of '24. Both are good schools and he has a tough choice to make. NC State does not allow students to park on campus their freshman year. What we're looking for is a safe parking spot for his truck within a reasonable distance from campus. Ideally, he would store his truck at a club member's home and Uber to / from campus on the weekends that he needs to use his truck to drive home to Charlotte or to attend club events at Uwharrie. I know space is always at a premium with car hoarders like us, but if anybody has space for another LC in their driveway on a long-term temporary basis, let me know. I'd be willing to pay for this service.

View attachment 3545325
I’m 12-15 minutes from campus and have plenty of room for parking. I’ll send you my address so you guys can determine whether it’s ideal.

I'm a little further away from campus than @UZJ105, about 25 minutes. If it doesn't work to park it at Ryan's place, feel free to keep me as a back up. I can PM you my address if it comes to that.

We are in that situation at UNC with Emma. There is a whole shadow market of off campus parking options. We found an off campus spot through Craigslist. Many times it’s extra parking at office buildings. We found one on the shuttle route but she does use Uber or a friend to pick it up. Car sits there most days during the week and is reasonably accessible on the weekends. Market in Chapel Hill seems to be $400/semester.

We have two sons at Clemson. They both had vehicles on campus as Freshman. Not as big an issue there. Lots of great trails very near the school....
Our youngest was down to Clemson vs NC State as well. The in state tuition was the decision maker.

Congrats to Nathan - both excellent choices. I'm guessing he's going to study engineering?

We have two sons at Clemson. They both had vehicles on campus as Freshman. Not as big an issue there. Lots of great trails very near the school....
Our youngest was down to Clemson vs NC State as well. The in state tuition was the decision maker.

Congrats to Nathan - both excellent choices. I'm guessing he's going to study engineering?
Thanks, Wayne. He's studying Forestry and both of these land grant schools have excellent Forestry programs. NC State would be cheaper and a little closer, but Clemson has the surrounding wilderness and beauty. Tough decision.

Another consideration for Nathan is Olde North State Cruisers. Nathan literally grew up in this club, and he considers ONSC as family. There are many active club members in the Raleigh area that he knows he can count on in an unexpected situation. This is comforting to his mother and me as well.

IMG_0167[1].JPG

Last edited:
I remember that little kid. :)

I do too !!

Thanks, Wayne. He's studying Forestry and both of these land grant schools have excellent Forestry programs. NC State would be cheaper and a little closer, but Clemson has the surrounding wilderness and beauty. Tough decision.

Another consideration for Nathan is Olde North State Cruisers. Nathan literally grew up in this club, and he considers ONSC as family. There are many active club members in the Raleigh area that he knows he can count on in an unexpected situation. This is comforting to his mother and me as well.

View attachment 3547833
My brother-in-law (his wife Nissa rode with you at last year's Relic Run) went through the NC State forestry program, he does it professionally now. I'm actually working on branding his new company at the moment. It's a fantastic program from what I've heard him tell me. I'm sure Thomas, my brother-in-law, will be at the next Relic Run with Nissa and the rest of the family. If he wants to chat with Thomas about the program and such, I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to Nathan.

My brother-in-law (his wife Nissa rode with you at last year's Relic Run) went through the NC State forestry program, he does it professionally now. I'm actually working on branding his new company at the moment. It's a fantastic program from what I've heard him tell me. I'm sure Thomas, my brother-in-law, will be at the next Relic Run with Nissa and the rest of the family. If he wants to chat with Thomas about the program and such, I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to Nathan.
That would be fantastic! Thanks!

Absolutely. He's got plenty "uncles" in the Triangle area if he needs us.

Dave, while I don't have space for Nathan's Cruiser, he is welcome here any time - for a home-cooked meal, a beer or non-alcoholic drink, or if he just generally needs a hand with something if he elects to attend NC State.

@roadstr6 tell Nathan congrats. And just my O2 you can not go wrong with either program. I work with several foresters who graduated from State and Clemson, but I will plug Clemson just because I am an Alumni ;)

@roadstr6 tell Nathan congrats. And just my O2 you can not go wrong with either program. I work with several foresters who graduated from State and Clemson, but I will plug Clemson just because I am an Alumni ;)
Not to derail, but do you know Jon Barnes? Good friend of mine and short-term member of ONSC back many years ago. Lives in the Greensboro area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom