Builds The 60 known as Mamabear: a tale of rust and good times. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"peak tractor" that's damn near epic :hillbilly:
We have to have realistic expectations for these old things.

I set my expectations low and I’m always pleasantly surprised.

I had one of the best wheeling days of my life in March 2022. Then I fell into a ditch leaving the park and beer canned the side of the truck. Not very awesome.

The guys at classic cruisers hooked me up with a full set of clean Colorado sheet metal in my matching silver. I’ll be able to clean the door up to match the finish of truck.

Truck feels like new to me.

View attachment 3310798

View attachment 3310804

View attachment 3310805

View attachment 3310806
I like the other old dented door…it’s contiguous with the other dented stuff, it’s genuine, it’s part of the story….chicks dig scars.

(damn I still need a front passenger door)

I like the other old dented door…it’s contiguous with the other dented stuff, it’s genuine, it’s part of the story….chicks dig scars.

(damn I still need a front passenger door)
This has dents. I’m not lacking character with the current one.

I was looking out of place with the other old door in my extremely uppity area.

Some big things lined up in the next few months.

We just bought our first home, no more bumming driveways from @samc2447 @houstonfj40 @FARMAN33 @RiggityJ and @FJ62DadWagon

Thank you all for helping me keep this junk alive. I just crossed 70,000 miles of daily driving today. 347,000 miles.

Next up is to add sliders to the 60, maybe regear. It is basically turn key for solid axle summit in a few months.

Other awesome things to come when we get moved in.

IMG_2354.jpeg

Some big things lined up in the next few months.

We just bought our first home, no more bumming driveways from @samc2447 @houstonfj40 @FARMAN33 @RiggityJ and @FJ62DadWagon

Thank you all for helping me keep this junk alive. I just crossed 70,000 miles of daily driving today. 347,000 miles.

Next up is to add sliders to the 60, maybe regear. It is basically turn key for solid axle summit in a few months.

Other awesome things to come when we get moved in.

View attachment 3328033

Congratulations on your new home! You're gonna love having a garage/space of your own to work on your truck. I know I did once I moved out of a condo into a real house.

No one asked…BUT… 4PLUS makes a very stout set of sliders, and made specifically for our 60’s. Saved my bacon numerous times.👍

IMG_6566.png

I’ve been busy so I bought a box to keep all my boxes in.

No more borrowing space to keep the tractors in race ready. The garage is huge with enough room for a small dedicated work space and two big closets.

Time to get the 62 and 40 over here.

IMG_2788.jpeg

IMG_2840.jpeg

A few small updates.

-My $15 catch can works. It's got a bit of oil in it. Score.
View attachment 2815317

-I swapped to a set of Japanse clear tail light lenses out of boredom.

View attachment 2815318
View attachment 2815319

-I was given a great deal on an ARB Air Locker to go with my 4.11 gears in the 80 axle project.

View attachment 2815321

-I finally fixed my vacuum cap door lock fix. I broke it after leaning on the door panel attempting to slide backwards down an icy shelf. Terrifying reminded why a good spotter can save your life.
View attachment 2815323

View attachment 2815324

Small victories. 336,000 miles and counting.
Alex, where did you source the JDM/ Euro style lenses from?

Yahoo Japan auctions. I paid way too much by letting a local friend “who knew how to use use that site” bid for me.

They ended up being used and cracked. It works and fits my “active conflict zone” look.

@mattressking knee how to find them as well.

Yahoo Japan auctions. I paid way too much by letting a local friend “who knew how to use use that site” bid for me.

They ended up being used and cracked. It works and fits my “active conflict zone” look.

@mattressking knee how to find them as well.
Everyone loves that “active conflict zone” look.

@HemiAlex great thread was worth the read, congrats on the house purchase
Thanks.

This story will keep going. Consider this v1.0 of mama bear.

V2.0 will be way better.

Right now I’m getting my tool chest and garage set up working. Then I’ll work on my 40 for a little bit.

IMG_3137.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom