What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, @drkdss, tough act to follow.

I'm over here eating paste and shoving crayons up my nose, but I did get my dashcam installed and hardwired. And installed PretendPOWAH! Just kidding, that 60 Series emblem isn't actually mounted and staying on the truck.

View attachment 3304127
very nicely done install. I have my windshield tinted so i’m reluctant to use a suction cup to install a dashcam. care to share the parts used on the install?

The camera is a Blackvue 970-X 2ch and the mount is a Blendmount. Their mounts are expensive, but rock solid. I've used them before.

Used add-a-fuse taps in passenger side fuse panel (used 8 TOW BK/UP for constant 12V, and 12 SEAT-HTR for switched), thanks to suggestion on here. Saved the rear camera mounting and cable run for another day. Had to order a 10m cable, so didn't dig into that yet.

Finished the hidden winch. Glad it is in after having a TT mount for the last 6 months.

20230422_092813.jpg

Bumped up the suspension another 1/2" front and rear and had Land Cruiser of Houston do a body mount chop, turned out great!

9CPTDAE.jpg

ZkNPo9K.jpg

Bumped up the suspension another 1/2" front and rear and had Land Cruiser of Houston do a body mount chop, turned out great!

9CPTDAE.jpg

ZkNPo9K.jpg

Nice! What does that run you over there?

Yeah, whatd they get you for?

I'll have to check the line item on the invoice, regardless of the charge they did a great job.

I had issues with the front doors sometimes not locking.
IMG_3033.jpeg
IMG_3035.jpeg
Replaced both front door locks actuator, simple job, not too bad. Removing door panels is just 2 screws and then pop them out.

Then I just found out my truck has remote start, is this an oem option or did someone installed it? Door locks had to be working first for it to work.

Installed some rear Tibren bump stops.

Got my Rock Warrior spare mounted up with a 285/70 KO2 (C-Rated) from the set I already have. I have to admit I did a double take on the size difference vs the 275/65/18 Toyos. The other four get mounted Tuesday and in the meantime I'm trying to clean up the center caps.

Picture is post CitriStrip and 0000 steel wool. Not sure whether to try to polish with a cutting compound and a buffer, and clear coat or just prime and paint black, or a matching Toyota 1A1 anthracite before putting on the decals. Some of the pitting is not coming out. Have already committed to black lugs, the chrome Toyota ones rust and look like crap. So I think it will be black.

View attachment 3302653View attachment 3302654View attachment 3302655View attachment 3302657View attachment 3302658

The black mcgard spline-drive lugs will corrode too, but I'm not sure whether it's any faster or slower than the regular chrome. Definitely less visible when it does happen.

Just make sure you get the ones with the spinning cone-seat to avoid damaging the wheel.

I had issues with the front doors sometimes not locking. View attachment 3305500View attachment 3305501Replaced both front door locks actuator, simple job, not too bad. Removing door panels is just 2 screws and then pop them out.

Then I just found out my truck has remote start, is this an oem option or did someone installed it? Door locks had to be working first for it to work.

Did you try replacing just the motors in the actuators? It's a lot cheaper

Did you try replacing just the motors in the actuators? It's a lot cheaper
I bought the whole unit, looks like some doorman stuff they sell online for $45 for the pair. Where can I get these motors? I’d rather use oem motors if I could, but the whole oem unit is like $200 each

Yeah, whatd they get you for?

4Runners and Tacos get these done all day. Probably good to find the local shops that service these rigs.

I've seen as low as $200 up to $500.

I'm doing it for a buddies GX460 next week so he can slap on 285/70R18s.

Honestly it's only like 1 hr of work with the right tools. These "pro" shops make it harder than it needs to be by completely cutting away perfectly good metal. So they can sell some cheapy doner metal. Creating more welding and possibly putting more heat into the mount and melting bushings.

Either way, it's an easy mod and is just accepted as par for the course in other Yota models.

Backing my cargo trailer into the driveway yesterday with a helper and they said the brakes were squealing.
I had forgotten to check the rears when I swapped out winter tires a few weeks ago.
Pulled the wheels off today and found no wear indicators on either side. But I did manage to hit the secondary wear indicator. I don't recommend it though. Probably 1/32" of material left on 3 of the pads. Less on one. New pads and rotors and caliper pins today. Stops a bit better.

brakes-1.jpg
brakes-2.jpg

On a side note: Toyota sells parking brak shoes individually. Fortunately the shoes were still in great shape at 118000 miles but still very frustrating ordering 2 sets and getting 2 shoes. Same with the bush and boot. Thought they would be sold in pairs but nope. So had enough parts for one side. Everything was still in good shape so will save them for the next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom