What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

very nicely done install. I have my windshield tinted so i’m reluctant to use a suction cup to install a dashcam. care to share the parts used on the install?
I already have a blendmount in position, so that was a no-go for me. With limited options, I went for it for my windshield film and used the adhesive patch the camera came with. I have not had to remove it, so can't speak to what that would involve.

Summer tires on. This confirmed the itch for 17's and wider tires will need to be scratched soon. Fat LX dwarfing those 285/75r18's pretty easily.

20230423_182645.jpg

I already have a blendmount in position, so that was a no-go for me. With limited options, I went for it for my windshield film and used the adhesive patch the camera came with. I have not had to remove it, so can't speak to what that would involve.
thanks for sharing, would like to hear feedback over time. mostly curious how it would hold over rough terrain for long distances.

Finally got around to installing Airlift WirelessOne. I had an WirelessOne EZ Mount from another project that I had never used. I took the compressor and air regulator off of the bracket and installed them in the jack cubby hole. Velcroed the remote controller to the left side of the dash.

Airlift.jpg

Airlift2.jpg

I copied your yeti side kick setup. Fits perfect!

If you ride it off pavement at all I can't recommend moving to knobbies enough. I did the redrill fender lift mod and put 3.0 Shinko's on it, I love the more aggressive look as well.

QTCngQd.jpg

i0dnvIQ.jpg

thanks for sharing, would like to hear feedback over time. mostly curious how it would hold over rough terrain for long distances.
if there's an issue, I'm sure I will be here b*tching about it. It's only been about a month so far, but it's been as stable as I could have hoped for it to be to this point.

A lot of distance covered in that month, but not a lot over rough terrain. This may be the key detail of unwinding the adhesive from the windshield. Who knows.

Since I'm a proud (most of time) owner of a black sheep 200 (2016+ LX), I've no choice but to pollute the most populated thread for a simple question.
Is anyone 2016+ (preferably LX bc of AHC and E Brake) running Slee Skids and mind helping me out for a sec?

I recently bought a set off of @bloc and we installed it without issue.
Me being extremely detail obsessive, and him being ridiculously handy around a vehicle, I do not believe we made any mistakes...
Since then, immediately after install, I started to notice a thunk coming from the area underneath the vehicle.
I am 80-90% sure it is coming from the T-Case cage tapping the rearward main skid. The instructions do not call for it to be removed.
Since I just moved and I'm exhausted, I haven't had time to pull things apart nor do I have the garage cleared out to do it.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I do believe there are some key differences in the updated 8 Spd and driveline that are not captured anywhere on the forum.
Bloc being attentive as he is, noticed the components looked different. Ive yet to measure things to compare with him since I've been swamped.
Slee has no idea what I'm talking about either and says they have never experienced that.

Can anyone advise?
Secondary question is if that is indeed the case, would removing the cage compromise anything if an impact did take place under the T-Case?

Here is a pic of what CBI has done on their ground up 2016+ skid. Notice the awkward catch point at the drop for the Transfer Case.
Looks like they did also ditch the cage.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 10.12.51 AM.jpeg

Thanks in advance to all the forum losers.

Since I'm a proud (most of time) owner of a black sheep 200 (2016+ LX), I've no choice but to pollute the most populated thread for a simple question.
Is anyone 2016+ (preferably LX bc of AHC and E Brake) running Slee Skids and mind helping me out for a sec?

Me being extremely detail obsessive, and him being ridiculously handy around a vehicle, I do not believe we made any mistakes...
Since then, immediately after install, I started to notice a thunk coming from the area underneath the vehicle.
I am 80-90% sure it is coming from the T-Case cage tapping the rearward main skid. The instructions do not call for it to be removed.
Since I just moved and I'm exhausted, I haven't had time to pull things apart nor do I have the garage cleared out to do it.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I do believe there are some key differences in the updated 8 Spd and driveline that are not captured anywhere on the forum.
Bloc being attentive as he is, noticed the components looked different. Ive yet to measure things to compare with him since I've been swamped.
Slee has no idea what I'm talking about either and says they have never experienced that.

Can anyone advise?
Secondary question is if that is indeed the case, would removing the cage compromise anything if an impact did take place under the T-Case?

Here is a pic of what CBI has done on their ground up 2016+ skid. Notice the awkward catch point at the drop for the Transfer Case.

View attachment 3307030

I know you asked for LX specifically, but I have a couple thoughts. I have the slee skids on my 2018 LC, and I did not remove anything from the xfer case (its own little skid is still installed). I have not noticed any sounds like you describe. Another thing, though, is that during installation I noticed that it was difficult to fully tighten all the bolts & nuts connecting the different skid pieces together because tightening one would subsequently reduce the gaps around the others (which I though were already flush and tight, but apparently were not). It took multiple rounds of tightening them one at a time because the skid pieces refused to get fully flush to each other otherwise. If any of those nuts and bolts are not fully tight, I could imagine the different skid pieces sliding past each other and causing a "thunk" when they reach the end of their loose-bolt travel.

Not sure if helpful, but here's some photos I had on hand, although not showing the entire xfer case.

20220824_180554.jpg

20220824_180630.jpg

Added the Desert Does It seat jackers.

P0twBrB.jpg

XRa5ZB3.jpg

Can anyone advise?

View attachment 3307030

How much clearance do you have between the T-case skid and the Slee skid? The instructions for my LC Slee skids say to have at least 3/16th inch clearance. The actual clearance for my system is about a finger width - roughly a 1/2 inch. Is there any slop in the engine and transmission mounts? Just thought I'd ask. Maybe there is a bit more movement going on than should be.

That is a hell of a good looking set of skids! Impressive.

How much clearance do you have between the T-case skid and the Slee skid? The instructions for my LC Slee skids say to have at least 3/16th inch clearance. The actual clearance for my system is about a finger width - roughly a 1/2 inch. Is there any slop in the engine and transmission mounts? Just thought I'd ask. Maybe there is a bit more movement going on than should be.

That is a hell of a good looking set of skids! Impressive.

I will have to report back when I have a chance to get down and dirty on it.

I will have to report back when I have a chance to get down and dirty on it.
Seems you could get a rubber hammer under there and bang around to find the loose bit.

Seems you could get a rubber hammer under there and bang around to find the loose bit.

I did hammer at it with my fists, nothing loose at all. But Ill probably get the tools together this weekend and do a proper poke around.
Still waiting on the magical day when I can "just drive it" though.

I did hammer at it with my fists, nothing loose at all. But Ill probably get the tools together this weekend and do a proper poke around.
But did you use these?

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 1.33.56 PM.png

You need to drink more of the kool-aid! This is the best vehicle in all of the known universe and I will not hear anything discounting this fact! So it is said, so it is written!

I said good day, sir!

Looks like you had to modify the rubber mats with those? Seems like DD could have made the seat jackers a bit shorter 🤔

I modified them prior to the seat jackers when I was only running their MPP. With the Seat Jackers that wouldn't be necessary, but it really doesn't matter, it's just the very edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom