Real world experience with FJ40 4Plus tire (only) carrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking at options for a simple rear tire carrier for my 40. I'm hoping to hear from people that are running the 4Plus carrier. I don't want a tire + cooler/jerry can carrier. I'll be running 35x12.50x17s on steel beadlocks (for size/weight info)
Pictures of it installed
Feedback on stability (does it rattle and/or squeak)?

Thanks all.
Mark

PS if you have some other brand single carrier that you like please post up as well.

It’s the best. Simple. Solid. 35’s fine. No squeaks.

I think I’ve installed 10 in 2 years

4BC112BA-D118-468E-87E1-3DD1186FC6ED.jpeg

It’s the best. Simple. Solid. 35’s fine. No squeaks.

I think I’ve installed 10 in 2 years

PERFECT.... thank you!

worth every penny.
Well made but you better have a straight rear frame or you will spend a bit of time getting it to line up. It doesn't squeak rattle and opens and closes with 2 fingers.

worth every penny.
Well made but you better have a straight rear frame or you will spend a bit of time getting it to line up. It doesn't squeak rattle and opens and closes with 2 fingers.

I have had a few with bent frames. I bolt the center down and use the 4Plus carrier and the 1/2” bolts to straighten it all up. It’s way way more stout than the Cruiser frame

I installed one over the winter, it's been great so far. No rattles or other noises and holds the 33" with no drama. Not a great photo of the carrier, but Nolen has you covered.

IMG_3087.jpeg

I have had a few with bent frames. I bolt the center down and use the 4Plus carrier and the 1/2” bolts to straighten it all up. It’s way way more stout than the Cruiser frame
We had to cherry hammer the rear frame to get mine flat the bottom trim of the frame had twisted where it had been used to pull people out

I’ve thought about getting one but but I personally like the looks with the cooler carrier as well but man it’s so much more that add the full length of it.

I’ve thought about getting one but but I personally like the looks with the cooler carrier as well but man it’s so much more that add the full length of it.
It’s 2x as much steel though. Also very nice

ACF42633-4AAC-4B69-A602-C23358257586.jpeg

On the last one I installed I cut the passenger side bumperette to allow it to work with the 1/2 carrier.

I'm thinking I want a bolt on receiver rather than a permanently mounted one. Dave is away until next week, I'm asking him about that modification.

Does it look like that would be a viable mod given the way the thing is constructed?

Good idea! That was one of my focus points on the tire carrier was having one bumperette. To me it just wasn’t that appealing. Do you have a different picture looking at it from behind please?

image.jpg

On the last one I installed I cut the passenger side bumperette to allow it to work with the 1/2 carrier.

View attachment 3070562
That's genius. Simple trick and now you can run both bumperettes for a much better look. I think I'm stealing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom