Anyone have experience with FJ40 parts from Tpnault?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jim S.

SILVER Star
Threads
I need a transmission tunnel for my '78 and have questions re; fitment, quality, thickness gauge of material etc.

Yes, my old one has rust on the flanges and I was looking for one in better condition. I have a new H55 and t-case and am doing twin sticks for the T-case.

Yes, my old one has rust on the flanges and I was looking for one in better condition. I have a new H55 and t-case and am doing twin sticks for the T-case.

You going with a 40 series or 60 series H55F top cover? Will be curious how your going about it.

Yes, mine's on the way too.

I've gotten a couple parts from them (hood, door, and some hinges). So far pretty good quality - some minor differences between their parts and OEM, but overall looks like a really close match. Only problem I've had is a couple of the spot welds on the doors holding the inner and outer skins together weren't done properly.

You going with a 40 series or 60 series H55F top cover? Will be curious how your going about it.
Waiting to have the trans / T-case mounted in the truck and then go from there. Some surgery will be required and will figure out the best solution. The shift cane will also be modified. I'm always open to suggestions. :hmm:

would much rather cut and weld clean fresh steel.

^^^ That was my thinking too !

I got mine today. Packaging was great but it looks like they sent me a defective one so I’m not very happy.

C973CFA9-D0C4-48FE-8C41-9249D234E554.jpeg

DC9CDCCB-F1F6-4795-9FEE-F048D78674D2.jpeg
CDCCB7AD-3BD3-4236-9D1D-87900883DB0B.jpeg

Part of the lip is missing and it’s marked, pretty sure it’s not supposed to be like this

702F7B73-E6DB-4DDE-8212-391EB1BCE81C.jpeg

Update on my transmission hump. I reached out to Topnault and they said they will ship another one to me. I’ll wait to receive it to post pictures again.

@Jim S. did you get yours?

Mine was damaged in shipping. Sending me another one.

@kunzma I installed an H55f so first I have to move the opening a few inches back before I can tell if all the holes line up. I’d like to do the mod/welding once and preferably not on the damaged hump they’ve sent me. I’m still waiting for them to ship the new transmission hump, but once I receive it I’ll cut the opening and do a test fit first before I weld.

@kunzma I installed an H55f so first I have to move the opening a few inches back before I can tell if all the holes line up. I’d like to do the mod/welding once and preferably not on the damaged hump they’ve sent me. I’m still waiting for them to ship the new transmission hump, but once I receive it I’ll cut the opening and do a test fit first before I weld.
If you don’t have to send the damaged hump back, why not experiment, cut, check fit of that one while you’re waiting?

If you don’t have to send the damaged hump back, why not experiment, cut, check fit of that one while you’re waiting?
Mostly due to time, trying to put the car back together. Wanted to do it just once on one hump. But I’m sure there will be surprises with the TC shifter and I may have to cut up my old one to experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom