What did you do on your 70 series today? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished getting my air conditioner back in service for the summer today. Fabricated a new heavier duty better designed belt tensioner over the weekend. This is a vintage Air add-on system not a factory system. Got it put together yesterday and hot water was still getting to the heater core even with the air con on. ....... Call to vintage Air for some troubleshooting help, and was told that I could easily remove three screws to take the servo off of the water control valve and manipulate the valve by hand a couple dozen times to free it up. Sure enough did this and it worked like a charm. It's nice to have good cold AC.
As time goes by I just seem to keep getting better at knowing and fixing the little idiosyncrasies of the bj73 and perfecting previous Fabrications that were not 100%.

I was just going to clean up the rear area before installing some drawers. Ended up removing all the seats and floor and giving it a good scrubdown. Vacuumed a huge amount of sand and debris from the side panels. Even found some OEM toyota tools.
I'll be adding some sound deadening and then reinstall the original floor mats as they are still in decent condition and not worth replacing just yet.
20220522_171239.jpg

Tagged a deer with it a few days ago...made me feel horrible. Haven't killed a deer in a long time. It was a young, 4-point in velvet.

Good thing I've been honing my body-work skills lately. I guess I need to re-visit my minimalist bumper design. I did just acquire an old 8274, so am planning to mount that as soon as I can finish up the rust project. I'll probably add some front fender protection at the same time.
IMG_20220519_205313120.jpg

I was just going to clean up the rear area before installing some drawers. Ended up removing all the seats and floor and giving it a good scrubdown. Vacuumed a huge amount of sand and debris from the side panels. Even found some OEM toyota tools.
I'll be adding some sound deadening and then reinstall the original floor mats as they are still in decent condition and not worth replacing just yet.
View attachment 3016169
wait... put that sand back in. It's Ballast! ;) Seriously tho.. good on ya getting in there. Found some Omani dust in mine recently. So good to get it out, and before any moisture gets in!

Have you seen Yota Filters?? @HemiAlex

Yeah. He is supposed to make his version of 90915-30002 eventually. We spoke about it awhile back. His won't look like my one-off design (I don't think) and his will be printed, not wrapped.

Speaking of 90915-30002. I tried to order some more Japanese ones from Stedman (Japan4x4). He said they are Thailand only now (he got me a case of 12 thai filters). :meh:

Last edited:
Yeah. He is supposed to make his version of 90915-30002 eventually. We spoke about it awhile back. His won't look like my one-off design (I don't think) and his will be printed, not wrapped.

Speaking of 90915-30002. I tried to order some more Japanese ones from Stedman (Japan4x4). He said they are Thailand only now (he got me a case of 12 thai filters). :meh:
I’ve got the design we talked about completed for a wrap around cup.

I’ll do them over the summer.

I spent the last couple days prepping and painting the replacement flare for my HZJ77. Thanks to @joekatana for the tip on where to get 045 white paint that would match up the best. They put it in a spray can for me and the extra went into another can.

It was quite a bit of prep work to primer and wet sand the flare (for a first timer) before painting the 045 white paint. It came out pretty good but I think I am going to wet sand it some more and give it some more white paint. Thank god for youtube videos.

paint3.jpg
paint4.jpg

Primer coat & wet sand
paint2.jpg

First coat of 045 paint. Original, damaged flare in front for comparison.

paint1.jpg

I spent the last couple days prepping and painting the replacement flare for my HZJ77. Thanks to @joekatana for the tip on where to get 045 white paint that would match up the best. They put it in a spray can for me and the extra went into another can.

It was quite a bit of prep work to primer and wet sand the flare (for a first timer) before painting the 045 white paint. It came out pretty good but I think I am going to wet sand it some more and give it some more white paint. Thank god for youtube videos.

View attachment 3017619 View attachment 3017622

Primer coat & wet sand
View attachment 3017620

First coat of 045 paint. Original, damaged flare in front for comparison.

View attachment 3017621
That bumper is taking the spot light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom