Official LX570s Picture Thread (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got the methods 314's in 18" on Nittos RG 275/70/18. Quite a bit of rubbing by the front splash guards and front lower liner. Hopefully some more heat treatment and slight trimming will remedy it. Definitely a cushier ride than the 285/55/20 Nitto RG's that it replaced.

IMG_2985.JPG

Last edited:
Had not seen that hitch coupler before. Doesn't look like it provides side-to-side articulation. Is the main purpose up-down movement to have a smoother ride for the trailer?

// edit - found it here: The best cushion trailer hitch - https://genyhitch.com/product/the-glyder-torsion-flex-hitch/ Torsion bar inside? First time I'm seeing something like that. Interesting.

I tried posting this a couple days ago and my submission somehow bollocksed up the whole page...

Anyway, i thought you made a good point and coincidentally ran into THIS while shopping for a ball.
I think it would pair nicely with my hitch and fit perfectly onto the mounting plate.
What you think? Super smooth?

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 5.57.01 PM.png

Heres a relevant photo for thread purposes:

IMG_0893.jpeg

I'm grateful to live 100 miles from the Pacific and decided to do something about it 🤙

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9675.jpg

Really loving the rear Dissent + table. Propane mount is next!

IMG_4405.jpg

I tried posting this a couple days ago and my submission somehow bollocksed up the whole page...

Anyway, i thought you made a good point and coincidentally ran into THIS while shopping for a ball.
I think it would pair nicely with my hitch and fit perfectly onto the mounting plate.
What you think? Super smooth?

View attachment 2903414

Heres a relevant photo for thread purposes:

View attachment 2903413
That's another part I've never seen before. Honestly, I've no idea whether either of the components is good or bad, and what will be the effect of combining the two. Both of those items sound good, but how will they turn out in practice... I suppose that once you have a trailer and experience towing it with a "normal" hitch, you could start swapping in new hitch components (ideally one at a time) to see how they affect things.

I've only ever used "normal" hitches, and 360-degree MaxCouplers.

Massive SUV, miniature stove is a hilarious combo.

Its so smol and cute.
Did you make that out of an ammo crate?

Ah, an "overland" $150 ammo crate. A man of fine taste i see!

I'm grateful to live 100 miles from the Pacific and decided to do something about it 🤙

Really loving the rear Dissent + table. Propane mount is next!

Nice rig! Did you remove your door side moldings? Were there holes behind there that needed to be filled?

Nice rig! Did you remove your door side moldings? Were there holes behind there that needed to be filled?

My 08 didn’t have any moldings to begin with. I believe some years they were just stick on, and later years had holes with clips.

Ah, an "overland" $150 ammo crate. A man of fine taste i see!

I can’t tell if you are a troll or not but don’t care 🤷

It’s pretty well built and is much thicker steel than an ammo can. There was another brand selling similar style on kickstarter from actual ammo cans but I’ve seen reviews of them getting really warped from getting hot.

The legs are nice too. The 5 psi regulator is garbage though. Happy with the value otherwise.

I can’t tell if you are a troll or not but don’t care 🤷

It’s pretty well built and is much thicker steel than an ammo can. There was another brand selling similar style on kickstarter from actual ammo cans but I’ve seen reviews of them getting really warped from getting hot.

The legs are nice too. The 5 psi regulator is garbage though. Happy with the value otherwise.

No not at all I'm just amused with the industry.
Ive actually been looking at this, but not overland oriented.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 6.30.24 PM.png

How bout dat for sticker shock?

View attachment 2903436

You won’t be shocked to know I have one on my back porch then 😂 it’s awesome. Do it.

View attachment 2903436

These actually work as advertised. We carry one when we camp in our Conqueror, we store our muddy shoes in it so it’s not a complete waste of space. It’s handy for dispersed camping when there is no fire pit or the one there is wrecked.

✅ Mengel Pass. LX keeping up and more with kings, fox and icon modified rigs. Stock AHC (no sensor-lift), stock LC wheels, stock tire specs. Other than an aux tank (12 gal) and maybe a LC200 rocker panel cover I think I’m all set.

DC098F9E-371B-49C9-BE31-30CF708C62F2.jpeg

C79B93AF-FC72-4FB8-BB24-07A8357AC34B.jpeg
7F91EBD2-E25D-4A1B-AFBA-5F6E556D0B90.jpeg

738AE3DE-1B46-472E-8C9F-954D7773C0F8.jpeg
75F014EF-A192-4DFD-940E-83D2F7D0D9D6.jpeg

Last edited:
So I just got my fourtreks mounts for mounting my iron man awning to my yakima basket. They're super nice - does anyone here worry about their mounts getting stolen off their racks/baskets or secure them with something? Wondering what the consensus is

Ps. I'll add some pics of it mounted on the car this weekend as well as my diy maxxtraxx solution for Yakima baskets

Last edited:
✅ Mengel Pass. LX keeping up and more with kings, fox and icon modified rigs. Stock AHC (no sensor-lift), stock LC wheels, stock tire specs. Other than an aux tank (12 gal) and maybe a LC200 rocker panel cover I think I’m all set.

Wow. Mengel Pass is awesome. Not sure I'd go anywhere near it with stock tires, but that is a beautiful area and just about as out there as you can get. Its amazing between now and May.

I remember once spending the night in the Geologist's cabin after having driven warm springs rd in a Ford Tempo 😂 We were young an naive.

Definitely something to use your REI member coupon on!

It'll be time to revive the thread soon.

View attachment 2904280

View attachment 2904286View attachment 2904283
View attachment 2904290View attachment 2904294

Hey man i braved the whole foods parking lot mostly stock today but you dont see me bragging bout it.

It was a treacherous pass to the gas station too.

Hey man i braved the whole foods parking lot mostly stock today but you dont see me bragging bout it.

It was a treacherous pass to the gas station too.

C'mon man. Everybody knows that the gas stations in that part of Texas all have their own zip codes 😂

Eg_jFVcXgAAhOdS format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom