What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sure.
this is a 3-stage wet sand process and 2-stage compound buffing.
started off with 800 grit sand paper for 5 mins with minimal pressure (stopping every 30 seconds to clean them off and reapply water - using spray bottle)

next is a 1500 grit sand paper, same process for 5 mins with minimal pressure (stopping every 30 seconds to clean them off and reapply water - using spray bottle)

last is a 2000 grit sand paper, same process for 5 mins with minimal pressure (stopping every 30 seconds to clean them off and reapply water - using spray bottle)

for compounds i used Chemical Guys V-series,
-started with V32 (aggressive compund)
-finished it off with V38 (best for final polish)

lastly the ceramic coat I used was Avalon King.
Ceramic Coat flashed in approx 60 seconds since here in Vegas the air is really dry, buffed it off using a clean microfiber towel and did it for 9 times - 9 coats. why 9 coats - this is part of the front/fascia area and is really bound to get hits from rocks, pebbles, sand particles etc from daily driving - might as well overkill it. lol.

i took my time doing this, took me roughly 2 and a half hours for the whole thing start to finish.
Awesome! Thanks for the detailed answer!

Spent about a month gathering parts since ripping my passenger side CV Boot on some trails at Hidden Falls in Marble Falls, TX.

Gathering the parts quickly turned into a “well, since I’m in there...” research.
I replaced not only the torn passenger side CV axle, but the driver side as well as all of the diff oil seals, snap rings, gaskets, nuts, washers, axle nut flanges, inner and outer wheel bearings, wheel seals, brake rotors, pads and added 1.5” spacers.

Almost forgot it took me about 20 total hours to do that, change the rear brake pads and rotors, install an awning and also added a roof basket to get ready for our trip to the beach this past weekend!

What is your method? Got some nasty pinstriping this past weekend up in the sierra anchas and the cruiser is in need of a good wax

I used a $2 applicator from Walmart and a bottle of Nu-finish. I did it all by hand. I'm sure anybody else could do a better job. Washing my truck is not one of my strengths, and having a black truck isn't very forgiving.

DF97D7DA-DB79-4F65-BBF5-34BBDC127DDF.jpeg

Cabin lights change to LED. Map lights, 2nd and 3rd row dome lights and door lights. A huge help for us with a 9-month old baby and all her stuff to find at night. Love the cool white color it lessens strain in the eye.

223D4309-CC4B-4781-A12B-3A16775FEE1A.jpeg

Took out the Sylvana halogen bulb on the projector low beam headlights and foglamps and replaced it with 35watt 6000kelvin hid kit. So far so good no glare to the oncoming traffic as the projector cutoff is still clearly functional (this was my first worry prior to install if the projector lens wasn’t good enough for a xenon bulb on it) but Lexus being Lexus - over engineered it to accommodate an HiD. High beams are now LED.

Anyone using or has used a 55w ballast on the low beam headlights? Can the polycarbonate housing handle the heat? Planning to change it up soon to increase output and also bring down the color a little bit to around 5000kelvin. Thanks in advance.

Cherry wood finish on 7/16 Baltic birch. 4 coats of poly. Flipped it over to show my bracket. I can set a marine battery on the end.

20190520_191209.jpg

20190520_191339.jpg

Maybe putting another brake booster pump in. I installed a re-manufactured one from the guy in Santa Ana last year. While at expo, I got about 10 seconds of the master cylinder whine I had before, then it went away (This is not the loud screech most people hear, it's a small whine, and it pulses the brake fluid in the master cylinder. It went away when I replace the booster last year, up until now). My hope is it was a one time deal because of the cold, but I'm sure I'm not the lucky.

Maybe putting another brake booster pump in. I installed a re-manufactured one from the guy in Santa Ana last year. While at expo, I got about 10 seconds of the master cylinder whine I had before, then it went away (This is not the loud screech most people hear, it's a small whine, and it pulses the brake fluid in the master cylinder. It went away when I replace the booster last year, up until now). My hope is it was a one time deal because of the cold, but I'm sure I'm not the lucky.
That's normal. To hear the motor whirr up. It's the screechy sound that's a problem

Added a set of Airlift 1000s to my son’s stocker yesterday. I’ve been using it as a tow rig since my daughter got my 98

I don’t go far with these loads but I did one a couple weeks ago and I was so squat.

25# in the bags made a huge difference

2C8C2612-A929-4087-A67C-7497093EEA66.jpeg

i bought it and brought it home for the :princess: for a 14th anniversary present! she made me put the steps back on after this pic untill i get sliders so i did something to it :wrench:

heathers 100 series.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom