What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The ceramic tints and windshield coverage were the first 'mod' I did to my truck the day I picked it up. Imperative if you're in a hot or sunny area. I had to go with dark tint though, I don't like other people watching me pick my nose.

Lol man as for me IDGAF I’ll even put on a show for them.

Yup had to do it right away like what you did it really stings here in Vegas during the summer.

Last edited:
Got the front driver and passenger window and front windshield filmed with 70% VLT rating Ceramic Film 99% heat rejection (almost clear with a bluish green hue on it guess). View attachment 1983603

Here’s how it is on the glass panels now. The heat rejection is really functional it’s even hotter outside than behind the windshield when the sun is up. Since I’m not a fan of tinted glasses I really like the clear glass panels up front we get to appreciate nice sceneries and take pictures without rolling the windows down.
View attachment 1983607
View attachment 1983615

does ceramic tint at 70% have less of the issues driving at night where oncoming street lights and headlights cause odd glare that makes it hard on the eyes?

i had cheaper 3m used on front windshield at 50% and never liked it because of how oncoming headlights appear at night, day driving and comfort during summer in Socal is the only reason I deal with it on my commuter car but the large windshield of lx brings in lots of heat so would be nice to offset it.

Last edited:
This is not the normal sound, this is a completely different sound.

Theres no sound in that video. And the bubbling in the res is normal, mine does that too. Curious to hear what you're hearing.

had the front windshield done in my last vehicle and helps with migraine when your ultra sensitive to light, protects the skin, eyes, dash , leather and I selected an almost clear since it's illegal here in Florida and no more messing with sun shades placing and removing. still get the UV protection. zero issues at night and no glare. I wear prescription sunglasses and glasses

Try it now.

The chirping bird noises! Had that when my motor was weak. So its either your accumulator leaks and doesn't hold the pressure, or the motor is too weak to build up the pressure.

does ceramic tint at 70% have less of the issues driving at night where oncoming street lights and headlights cause odd glare that makes it hard on the eyes?

i had cheaper 3m used on front windshield at 50% and never liked it because of how oncoming headlights appear at night, day driving and comfort during summer in Socal is the only reason I deal with it on my commuter car but the large windshield of lx brings in lots of heat so would be nice to offset it.
I haven’t noticed any glare from the oncoming traffic so far.. the experience is much like the original windshield where there is no tint/shade. I have tried it fully clean windshield like absolutely streak-free and a dirty version of it when my 10yo daughter hand prints were all over it and I don’t remember getting that odd glare.

Here it was before it got laid down on the windshield and two front windows.
7995C51F-F191-46C3-8859-B663220E894B.jpeg

First impression was it just looked like a regular book/notebook plastic cover until I drove the car on a hot sunny afternoon the day after it got installed. And the thing works! and that was the only time my scepticism went away.

EDECE272-6CD0-4C62-B6AC-595E37EA6761.jpeg

Last edited:
Try it now.

The chirping bird noises! Had that when my motor was weak. So its either your accumulator leaks and doesn't hold the pressure, or the motor is too weak to build up the pressure.

I just started it right now and I got 2 "chirps" after about 30 seconds of running. That is what I got the other day and at Overland Expo. The brakes have been working fine. Anyway to test which one? I put a remanufactured motor on about a year ago and it went away until this weekend.

Wet shampoo'ed the carpet with my Bisel steamer, and started to build my sleeping platform/drawer unit. This took a long time to cut and graft together, still need to build the wing pieces and the front section so i can throw my mattress on top, had Dave had one in stock i'd bought the KISS drawers off him, i'm running out of time to finish this for my West Coast trip. I gutted the 2nd and 3rd row, this drawer unit weights about 100lbs so that offset that. I still have 900lbs left to play with before my AHC goes into automatic low.

Used scrap wood that i had lying around the shed from building PC desks back then, you won't see it once i carpet it anyways.

iqLUeCY.jpg

hxUAXUu.jpg

LrCuJ6q.jpg

Ve0ZzOb.jpg

My first post here in this thread...and my new-to-me 2001 project. First little improvements, new KM3 285 75R16, then off with the side steps. Tough dogs on the way from Australia and 865s from CA, so a little suspension refresher and lift on the way. A looooong way to go

View attachment 1979618
Picking up a white 2000 next week hopefully and just want to do exactly this. 285s and crank keys (not sure if you have). Did yours come with fender flares?

I just started it right now and I got 2 "chirps" after about 30 seconds of running. That is what I got the other day and at Overland Expo. The brakes have been working fine. Anyway to test which one? I put a remanufactured motor on about a year ago and it went away until this weekend.
Hook up Techstream and an error code should. Something along the lines of c1256 or a c1252

Picking up a white 2000 next week hopefully and just want to do exactly this. 285s and crank keys (not sure if you have). Did yours come with fender flares?

Nope, just the running boards. Pretty amazed how clean it was under them, I honestly think this car was owned and driven by an old lady who parked it in a garage every night (even found a flowered handkerchief stuck in the back storage area, lol)

After the lift kit install, I did get some leaking from the passenger side boot. I installed the pfran clamp and checked it when I got work this morning and no leaking... but, I could tell the clamp had rotated, is that normal?

had the front windshield done in my last vehicle and helps with migraine when your ultra sensitive to light, protects the skin, eyes, dash , leather and I selected an almost clear since it's illegal here in Florida and no more messing with sun shades placing and removing. still get the UV protection. zero issues at night and no glare. I wear prescription sunglasses and glasses
hey man, can you give me a link on the tint you used? i have the same issue. i cant drive without my polarized sunglasses or i end up with a huge migraine

Got to do some work this week on my semi new rig, she’s pretty rusty, had some bolts snap on the skid plate for the front differential fluid change, but I’m gonna try to tap those out and get it back on next week sometime! Aside from that the front and rear differential fluid change went great, transfer case went well also! All the stinky stuff is taken care of! Going to be getting to the oil change next week, get that suspension fluid changed out, start amassing some atf ws fluids for the transmission fluid change I’m convinced is necessary.

Fluids and magnets were looking pretty great on everything I saw today which is a healthy feeling. Tore out the second row of seats and got lucky enough to get the bolts out without any of them shearing, those were rough! Stoked to get back into the garage, thanks for all the info you guys share here, I love it!

hey man, can you give me a link on the tint you used? i have the same issue. i cant drive without my polarized sunglasses or i end up with a huge migraine
I don't know what it is called but call the owner and ask him he is knowledgeable and will guide you he has completed many projects for me residential and auto. . Tint Visions Window Tinting

6520 US-301 #119, Riverview, FL 33578
(813) 777-4277

Transitions Drivewear at Costco Optical is my sunglasses. Continuously adapts to changing daylight conditions, reduces excess light and optimizes color contrast and is polarized to block blinding glare

Light or Overcast Conditions: The lenses are a green/yellow color that provides high contrast and minimizes glare
Behind the windshield: The lenses activate to a copper color, enhancing color recognition and depth perception.
Bright Outdoor Light: The lenses activate to a dark red-brown, filtering excess light to provide maximum comfort

I've been busy since I last posted in this thread... Since Christmas I've done:

Full 90k service @200k
Sway bar links, F/R
275/70/r18 Falken Wildpeak A/Ts
Front 1.25" BloxSport spacers
Dissent Offroad Skids
Trail Tailor HWM w/ Superwinch TS-9500S
Trail Tailor front recover points
Fire extinguisher mounted on step just inside driver side rear door
New passenger rear door window (thanks to vandal/thief)

Up next:
All new door locks
All new door speakers
Amp bypass
All new window runs
Rebuild headlights, again (shrouds came loose after 120 miles on washboard), maybe w/ LEDs this time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom