8x Series V8 Swaps (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know what a/c line ends I need for the compressor on an lq9? They look similar to the ones on the stock compressor.

Just go to a hydraulic hose shop and they can match it up we do it at work all the time

I just hooked my A/C up and can't believe how easy it was to wire. All you need to do is connect the green wire from the compressor to the black/white from the toyota body harness. I thought it was going to be more complicated than that. I charged it up with walmart cans of refrigerant and it is hurt your hand cold out of the vents.

Is the stock filter housing able to handle the 6.0 vortec you guys think? I've seen the other builds that just use 3" pipe like the stock, up to the maf, but wondering if this would choke the vortec at all. I'm not really familiar with the physics behind it and if the 6L really needs 4" intake piping. And if it does and the stock filter only has 3" going in from the snorkel, do I need to scrap all of the original intake?

I use the stock air cleaner and canister with my swaps, with 4" tube. Have not had an issue yet. Just do what is needed to adapt the lid to 4" tube and you are good. This is a 62 with stock air box. No reason to use 3" tube and risk restricting air flow. This particular truck has posted 6.26 sec 0-60 MPH according to the owner, so I'd say it breaths well. :)

18836002_1538702212827331_376067191113151148_n.jpg

Lot of smart guys here so i will post up my question in hopes someone might point me in the right direction for troubleshooting.

I recently finished a LQ4 swap into my 94 and have maybe 50-60 miles on it. Driving into work this AM and monitoring readiness of different functions. All are "ready" except evap purge which can take several drive cycles and some miles to accomplish. Out of nowhere I get a P0332 #2 knock sensor code.

Is it possible to have a P0332 get triggered by a evap purge cycle? In my mind they are totally unrelated but I also know that things that seem unrelated at first pass, sometimes are.

Gratuitous pic:
IMG_3650.jpg

Lot of smart guys here so i will post up my question in hopes someone might point me in the right direction for troubleshooting.

I recently finished a LQ4 swap into my 94 and have maybe 50-60 miles on it. Driving into work this AM and monitoring readiness of different functions. All are "ready" except evap purge which can take several drive cycles and some miles to accomplish. Out of nowhere I get a P0332 #2 knock sensor code.

Is it possible to have a P0332 get triggered by a evap purge cycle? In my mind they are totally unrelated but I also know that things that seem unrelated at first pass, sometimes are.

Gratuitous pic:View attachment 1712410
Totally unrelated

I did swap knock before the install along with the little sub-harness. Used Standard Products version. Have since read that OE is much preferred over aftermarket and that over-torquing them at install can kill them I hand tightened and although I was not heavy handed, I cant say that I didnt exceed the 15 lb/ft specification.

New Delco's arrived today so I will ohm out the wiring to the ECM and install the new sensors and hope for the best!

My understanding in the P0332 is not a knock code but a low voltage sensed at the knock sensor as in the circuit or sensor has an issue.

For what it’s worth I was going easy just cruising along..

Thanks...D

Does anyone have any of the pin outs of any of the plugs on the body side? I promise I will start posting pictures of my build soon. I will trying to do some things different from what I've read on misc threads so far.

I'm mostly talking about Odometer and controls for cdl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom