Anyone tried Xenopro LED headlights? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI, you can order these off of Amazon Japan. Mine arrived in 3 days with the standard worldwide shipping offered at checkout (about $10). They were around $105 USD a few days ago, looks like they have gone up since, however still quite a bit cheaper than some of the other sources.

Could you post a link? Thanks :)

FYI, you can order these off of Amazon Japan. Mine arrived in 3 days with the standard worldwide shipping offered at checkout (about $10). They were around $105 USD a few days ago, looks like they have gone up since, however still quite a bit cheaper than some of the other sources.

Ditto at Morris 4 x 4. Not sure if it's the storm season or that's just normal. They too don't respond to e-mail and they don't communicate order status. And when I've called hold times are 20+ minutes. Based on the comments on their facebook page - communication and order fulfillment complaints have been a trend this year. To me it seems like they act like distributors rather than retailers- meaning they focus more on sourcing and moving product rather than dealing with people.

I ordered some IPFs to compare with the more inexpensive LEDs. I have a suspicion that the IPFs were superior when they came out but now the market has caught up. But like PIAA, the IPF brand carries weight and so they don't lower price. We'll see. I will post comparison pics when I get them. IF I get them... It's been a couple weeks....

Also Morris automatically places a hold on a first time order. They will try to call you to confirm identity and payment details. It took them about 3 days after I ordered to get that call. If they don't find you- I was told they sit on the order.

I wasn't called for either order... but they both arrived within a week of ordering.

I'm glad you had good luck. I find inconsistencies like that just add to the reasons that I'm not impressed with Morris.

Ordered a set of low beam bulbs off amazon Japan. $122 with shipping. @electro992 thanks for the link!

I'm glad you had good luck. I find inconsistencies like that just add to the reasons that I'm not impressed with Morris.

Morris had the goods, so they got the order, but ya... In 2017, shipping notifications should be standard practice.

I am happy they had it for a better price than ebay. There was a $10 coupon they give if you call them.

Mine came a few days ago and I just installed them but its a sunny bright day in Chicago so I haven't been able to use them. I hope it was worth the $175. I like the idea that they will work with the high beams at same time.

I am happy they had it for a better price than ebay. There was a $10 coupon they give if you call them.

Mine came a few days ago and I just installed them but its a sunny bright day in Chicago so I haven't been able to use them. I hope it was worth the $175. I like the idea that they will work with the high beams at same time.

I knew mine were a big step in brightness when my wife was driving with me on the freeway...and she commented that, "they must have changed the lane reflectors to new ones because they seem waaaay brighter..." and "I never really noticed those until now..."

-The only thing that had changed...were my new LED headlights. :) These things are like night and day compared with my 2008 halogens.

Others with LEDs might not see as much difference. Don't know...but if you have older style lights, these will be a huge improvement.

That's pretty faint praise for almost $400 worth of lights :hmm: Anything in particular that didn't live up to your expectations?
I replaced my Silverstar Ultras with these and I don’t think it was worth the price. Granted its only been a couple of days since switching, but I’m not blown away.

I knew mine were a big step in brightness when my wife was driving with me on the freeway...and she commented that, "they must have changed the lane reflectors to new ones because they seem waaaay brighter..." and "I never really noticed those until now..."

-The only thing that had changed...were my new LED headlights. :) These things are like night and day compared with my 2008 halogens.

Others with LEDs might not see as much difference. Don't know...but if you have older style lights, these will be a huge improvement.

It is much, much brighter. I can see much farther now. I just wish it was a bit more intense on the ground to see road details at night. The light seems a little scattered intensity (tad brighter in some spots). I don't think there is a better bulb on the market and I can't imagine much better range than this. The light intensity is a bit weak probably not to blind oncoming drivers. I also had same observation as your wife, lane reflectors are brighter. Should I be worried about being pulled over by the fuzz for my lights being too bright? It has happened to me a few times in my stock benzes with xenons.

Wish I had waited a few more days and saved $50 buying from amazon japan.

It is much, much brighter. I can see much farther now. I just wish it was a bit more intense on the ground to see road details at night. The light seems a little scattered intensity (tad brighter in some spots). I don't think there is a better bulb on the market and I can't imagine much better range than this. The light intensity is a bit weak probably not to blind oncoming drivers. I also had same observation as your wife, lane reflectors are brighter. Should I be worried about being pulled over by the fuzz for my lights being too bright? It has happened to me a few times in my stock benzes with xenons.

Wish I had waited a few more days and saved $50 buying from amazon japan.

I've found that it's a great combo with my TJM T13's fogs. The fogs actually illuminate the ground in a wide swath that is useful in ordinary night conditions. If I can just get the fogs to stay on with brights and lows...it will be perfect.

Ditto at Morris 4 x 4. Not sure if it's the storm season or that's just normal. They too don't respond to e-mail and they don't communicate order status. And when I've called hold times are 20+ minutes. Based on the comments on their facebook page - communication and order fulfillment complaints have been a trend this year. To me it seems like they act like distributors rather than retailers- meaning they focus more on sourcing and moving product rather than dealing with people.

I ordered some IPFs to compare with the more inexpensive LEDs. I have a suspicion that the IPFs were superior when they came out but now the market has caught up. But like PIAA, the IPF brand carries weight and so they don't lower price. We'll see. I will post comparison pics when I get them. IF I get them... It's been a couple weeks....

Also Morris automatically places a hold on a first time order. They will try to call you to confirm identity and payment details. It took them about 3 days after I ordered to get that call. If they don't find you- I was told they sit on the order.

Damn, it's been a couple of weeks and you still haven't received anything? What's puzzling to me us that they contacted me immediately when there was a problem with my payment info (their site used the shipping address as the billing address which didn't match the info from the card company). They contacted me immediately, we exchanged emails and they would reply within an hour. But now that the order has been approved, nada. No email notification saying that the item has shipped, no tracking number, and not a single reply to my emails. Had I known that their customer service was this bad, I would've ordered elsewhere, even if it was more expensive.

I went through @cruiseroutfit Mine will be in hand on Wednesday.
I tried to order through them, but he didn’t respond to my pm. When i called them direct to order, a guy named Wes(?) told me that they don’t stock parts for my Tundra just Land Cruisers. Funny I gave him the part numbers but he was too confused so I went with Morris instead.

I went through @cruiseroutfit Mine will be in hand on Wednesday.

Same here. Excellent service, they didn't have them in stock when I ordered, but promised them within 2 weeks. They didn't charge my card until they shipped, and I got an email from Kurt with tracking. Mine are showing to be delivered today.

Edit: Showed up a few minutes ago:
IMG_20170923_154328.jpg

Now I get to yank the 80 lb battery back out to install them.

Last edited:
Same here - they contacted me relatively right away (3 days) about verifying payment. They said verification happens with all first time orders. But that's not entirely true based on Markuson's experience. I asked them about tracking and they said they would place the order and e-mail later that day. I waited to the end of the week and called them again - they said they would contact the warehouse and e-mail me tracking.
Waited another week - nada. I called yesterday and they said it should have shipped and they would get me tracking.

From what people are saying they do show up eventually... but there isn't any communication. I'm guessing it's because they order direct from a distributor and then they lose all visibility of it. And each time anyone calls they turn around and call the distributor.

I won't be ordering from Morris again... But hopefully my order shows up next week.

Damn, it's been a couple of weeks and you still haven't received anything? What's puzzling to me us that they contacted me immediately when there was a problem with my payment info (their site used the shipping address as the billing address which didn't match the info from the card company). They contacted me immediately, we exchanged emails and they would reply within an hour. But now that the order has been approved, nada. No email notification saying that the item has shipped, no tracking number, and not a single reply to my emails. Had I known that their customer service was this bad, I would've ordered elsewhere, even if it was more expensive.

Last edited:
Stop teasing us.... Install them and show us the results. ;)

Same here. Excellent service, they didn't have them in stock when I ordered, but promised them within 2 weeks. They didn't charge my card until they shipped, and I got an email from Kurt with tracking. Mine are showing to be delivered today.

Edit: Showed up a few minutes ago:
View attachment 1542583

Now I get to yank the 80 lb battery back out to install them.

OK, so here's my Saturday night entertainment (hey, I'm an engineer, deal with it)

I borrowed a nifty digital lux meter from work. FYI, "lux" is a unit of luminance, or illuminance. It's generally used as a measure of intensity of lighting. One lux is one lumen per square meter of measured light intensity.

My intent here is to not measure the actual light output, but the difference when the new LED bulb is installed. I setup the sensor in front of the truck, exactly 36" from the center of the headlight, right at the bulb. I moved the sensor around in front of the truck with the headlights on (engine not running), until I got the highest reading on the meter. With the standard Phillips 55W Halogen bulb installed, the meter reads 7600 LUX.

IMG_20170923_220210.jpg

IMG_20170923_220221.jpg

Then I installed the new LED bulb, without moving the meter sensor. The new bulb reads 25300 LUX.
IMG_20170923_220357.jpg

Ya, that's a big difference. What I'm not sure about is how the color temp affects the reading, obviously these LEDs are much higher temp. It's also likely that the halogen bulb is original so I'm sure it's not up to it's best.

Maybe someone else here knows how to put the difference in % increase, I'm rusty on this but I don't think it's a linear scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom