Headlights (2016+) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m convinced the facelifted 200’s have some of the best headlights in the game, even today. So much so that I sometimes find myself on the receiving end of a flash or a middle finger from someone at night because they think I’m blasting them with my high beams. (I’m not) Does this happen to anyone else or just me? Lol

Happens to me as well. With how many other newer vehicles are out there with equally bright lights, I feel it levels the playing field. It’s always the poor person with older halogen lights that feel like the sun is in their eyes because their candle powered lights are being over powered 😂

Glad I’m not the only one. Definitely don’t want to be “that guy” out there on the road. It’s just something I’ve noticed lately. I can definitely see why from behind the wheel, they do an excellent job of illuminating the path ahead.

I agree that the headlights on the 2016+ are awesome and make driving in the evening/night that much easier. IMO worth considering when deciding on pre or post 2016 LC purchase. Not sure how the pre and post LX compares.

My experience
On my Sept 2020 build 2021 I have not experienced people flashing to me in the dark. IMO this is mostly due to the quality of the reflector/head unit design with the light shining on the correct part in front of the vehicle and little diffusion beyond and probably correct height adjustment. I also have stock tires for now and no lift.

Longer Sensor Link
On lifted vehicles the light level sensor at the rear suspension driver side may need adjustment or an extended operating arm/sensor link, like the picture below. Not saying this is the preferred part, just an example. You would need to search this forum and the internet for the best product.
1702166548111.png

Last edited:
I agree that the headlights on the 2016+ are awesome and make driving in the evening/night that much easier. IMO worth considering when deciding on pre or post 2016 LC purchase. Not sure how the pre and post LX compares.

My experience
On my Sept 2020 build 2021 I have not experienced people flashing to me in the dark. IMO this is mostly due to correct reflector/head unit design with the light shining on the correct part in front of the vehicle and little diffusion beyond and probably correct height adjustment.I also have stock tires for now and no lift.

Longer Sensor Link
On lifted vehicles the light level sensor at the rear suspension driver side may need adjustment or an extended operating arm/sensor link, like the picture below. Not saying this is the preferred part, just an example. You would need to search this forum and the internet for the best product.
View attachment 3502960
I have a Bilstein lift on mine raising the front about 1-1/2” to 2” so I’m sure that definitely affects the angle at which it would hit an oncoming vehicle or one that I’m following.

I have a Bilstein lift on mine raising the front about 1-1/2” to 2” so I’m sure that definitely affects the angle at which it would hit an oncoming vehicle or one that I’m following.
Seems looking into one of these aftermarket adjustable light sensor links is the way for lifted LC's. Be nice to get input from other MUD'ers who have done so.

Have a read here in another thread;

And a good video on the same;

Last edited:
Your lift makes it seem like you have your brights on. Grab one of those adjustable links and it should get a whole lot better.

I've got the TJM link. With Bilsteins (perch 3) & 2721s w/airbags and with the link at the shortest, I had to adjust the lights up. Went 5 turns on the adjusters, might be a bit low still, but never get flashed anymore.

I have pre-face lift LC. When I swapped bulbs for LEDs, I would get high beams flashed at me from time to time. I'm pretty sure they are all Jeep owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom