Post up what you pedal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You didn't tell me you're a cyclist too Chris! I'm warming up these days for a metric century in a few weeks. My ride is featured here somewhere. Now vintage Bianchi 24 speed.

P.S. I just found that steering box gasket I misplaced when you were here! Good thing I had another to finish the job.

Vintage Bianchi, sounds incredible! Hopefully it's the classic Bianchi green color that i used to love so much. I just attempted a 50 mile mtn bike ride in June but ended up doing 35 miles instead. Last year, i was able to finish the 50 but it was about 20* cooler!

Glad you found it! I sure appreciated you taking the time to chat with me. When you come up north, i'd love to take you for some some Basque food here in Gardnerville, let me know if you can fit it into your travel schedule.

Happen to find that valve cover?

You didn't tell me you're a cyclist too Chris! I'm warming up these days for a metric century in a few weeks. My ride is featured here somewhere. Now vintage Bianchi 24 speed.

P.S. I just found that steering box gasket I misplaced when you were here! Good thing I had another to finish the job.

Vintage Bianchi, sounds incredible! Hopefully it's the classic Bianchi green color that i used to love so much. I just attempted a 50 mile mtn bike ride in June but ended up doing 35 miles instead. Last year, i was able to finish the 50 but it was about 20* cooler!

Glad you found it! I sure appreciated you taking the time to chat with me. When you come up north, i'd love to take you for some some Basque food here in Gardnerville, let me know if you can fit it into your travel schedule.

Happen to find that valve cover?

If you google my name you'll see that I have achieved the California Triple Crown (three double century rides in one season) and the Death Ride known as the Climb to Kaiser (one day, 154 miles, 13,000 feet of elevation gain) . IOW, I'm a serious roady.

I forgot to tell you: I found a valve cover for you in my garage at home. I'll call you tomorrow.

If you google my name you'll see that I have achieved the California Triple Crown (three double century rides in one season) and the Death Ride known as the Climb to Kaiser (one day, 154 miles, 13,000 feet of elevation gain) . IOW, I'm a serious roady.

I forgot to tell you: I found a valve cover for you in my garage at home. I'll call you tomorrow.
Wow... I can't comprehend that amount of mileage! I was out camping last night and today in the sierras... sorry if I missed you.

My buddy just signed me up for the Rose to Toads which is a 62 mile mtn bike ride with 8000' of climbing!

I better put some more saddle time in!

Wow... I can't comprehend that amount of mileage! I was out camping last night and today in the sierras... sorry if I missed you.

My buddy just signed me up for the Rose to Toads which is a 62 mile mtn bike ride with 8000' of climbing!

I better put some more saddle time in!
LOL... Yeah the Rose to Toads is gnarly ride, used to be a guy on MTBR that went by the name of Wherewolf (steve sadly passed at the beginning of 2016) that that was one of his favorite rides. He and his buddies called it "The Punisher" ride. Bring lots of food and plenty of water/electrolytes/etc. you are in for an ALL DAY ride!

LOL... Yeah the Rose to Toads is gnarly ride, used to be a guy on MTBR that went by the name of Wherewolf (steve sadly passed at the beginning of 2016) that that was one of his favorite rides. He and his buddies called it "The Punisher" ride. Bring lots of food and plenty of water/electrolytes/etc. you are in for an ALL DAY ride!
Yep, I'm anticipating about 8 hours... I can't wait!

Picked up a used big brother for my trail bike which will only see use a couple special weekends a year. It's not going to be seeing a lot of pedaling, more just hanging on. Smashed into a buncha rocks in Fernie to get used to it di far.

full

I ride this around campus and town... Its a LIV hybrid. I've taken it on a few trails to the beach and on a rail trail at home a few times, too. Looking to pick up a used bike specifically for trails in the next year or so. Then, I can hopefully hit some cooler trails in VT and the Catskills in NY.

19397044_1569475883064590_8457541268266813905_n.jpg

My trail/xc/bikepacking rig is a rigid Niner SIR9 steel frame with Niner carbon fork and full Shimano XT 1x11.

My commuter is a steel Soma Wolverine with Shimano XT disc brakes and a Sturmey Archer 2 speed internally geared hub.

IMG_1639.JPG

My road bike is an older Cannondale CAAD4 that I am in the process of reprinting and rebuilding.

IMG_1585.JPG

The lady rides a Surly Straggler with full SRAM Force 1x11. Her mtb is my old Motobecane Fantom29 which sports a Fox fork and Shimano XT 1x10.

IMG_1547.JPG

My current ride. Had to replace a broken handlebar and helmet shortly after taking this picture. Didn't see a hole after navigating a large drop. Thankfully it was just the bar and not me, although I had to sit out a week from the impact.

20170829_153913.jpg

You broke the bars?! Post a pic of failed carbon bars please!

It wasn't a sheer break, but a rock strike went down into the carbon and there is also a hairline crack that you can't see in a photo. I was about 10 miles to the trailhead, so I was glad it wasn't a sheer break, as I was able to gingerly ride out, although I probably walked over a mile after it happened to get composed. Didn't notice the hairline crack until later. Think I had a minor concussion. Should have taken a picture of my helmet. It was crushed pretty good. I threw it away before I got home so the wife wouldn't freak out. Just quietly had a new helmet delivered to work. Damage in a picture actually doesn't look that bad, but when you put pressure on the bar you can see the crack. If I put pressure on the bar the crack may show up in a picture. I may try that later.

RaceFace gave me 30% off a new one. Not a bad replacement program.

Bar.jpg

Last edited:
Same frame, just realized near everything else has changed. Got it finished today in anticipation of doing a decent ride the upcoming weekend:

Just finished doing a minor refurbish on my old shop bike that I recently reacquired. Original paint and decals. Steel wheels.

She ain't heavy...she's just a Schwinn! D'oh
IMG_1619.JPG

Got in a quick 25 on the 68cm couch this morning before the baton BBQ
IMG_1638.JPG

I'm throwing my hat into the ring with my 2001 Giant DS2 (stock photo). I love this bike, very light and reliable, sure I taco'd a few rims on drop offs but the frame is nearly indestructible. I ride it daily with a few times a month taking it on heavier trails and it's held up extremely well.
iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom