Builds TonyP's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That turned out pretty good and WAY more complex than what I'm going for so it gave me confidence that I'm not completely insane. I dig it. I'm liking that carpet idea too. I'll see if I can source something close to the OEM gray.

This is definitely turning into a fun, and cheap, project.

I almost went the ESTO route on my 100 drawer build, but held out for the drawers you have now... HA!

J

Building drawers is definitely a rewarding experience, especially when you customize it to your unique needs. I remember when I built mine.
ready for a field test

there are still a few trim pieces that i need to put on, as well as the tie down points (tomorrow morning), but you get the idea. fully carpeted inside and out, it is very quiet while driving, even with tools flopping around inside.

the fold down front sleeper area worked out nicely, but for now i'm using a simple brace for the front of both halves that goes down to the passenger floor area (not pictured). once the permanent swing down supports are installed, i will include pictures of those as well.

the side storage areas don't have locks (or even handles yet...i'm still looking for flush mounts that i like), but the drawers are very secure. i forgot to take pics before putting on the carpet, but the mounting for the clasps is thoroughly steel reinforced. and as you can see, you aren't going to cut those locks off with bolt cutters. the system isn't a complete vault, but you would need power tools and/or a lot of time to defeat it.
View attachment 321067View attachment 321068View attachment 321069

I didn't have the tools or skills for metal, but I think you are doing right by going in that direction. Have fun and keep us posted with updates.

:cheers:

Building drawers is definitely a rewarding experience, especially when you customize it to your unique needs. I remember when I built mine.

I didn't have the tools or skills for metal, but I think you are doing right by going in that direction. Have fun and keep us posted with updates.

:cheers:

Yeah it's kinda fun. I spent several hours last night researching hinges and latches. This must be what a new bride picking out centerpieces feels like.

Also, I'm really throwing around the idea of 35s. If I can get a good price for my KO2s I might go for it.

Moved the backup cam to the spoiler. I was going to put it inside of the spoiler but the harness comes out of the rear of the camera and it just wouldn't work. This is the next best thing. I need to get a paint pen and blacken the stainless hardware but there she be.

20170616_201907.jpg

20170616_202040.jpg

That's high on my to do list.

My hints:

1) Use a dremel, you'll need a square hole. I ran out of wheels for mine and had to get creative with a hole saw.
2) The spoiler is a whore to get off. There are two fastener clips that are impossible to get to. I broke them but it's still held on by four bolts and 3M tape so it isn't going anywhere.
3) Be prepared to either de-pin or snip and rejoin the harness for a clean install.
4) Buy a few of the push mount zip tie harness holder things. You'll need to break the stock ones in order to get the camera harness routed.

Last edited:
Welp, I said I wouldn't do it, yet here we are.

Screen_Shot_2017-06-24_at_3.13.25_PM.png

With my special discount it actually came out to $1502 shipped for all 5. Guess I'll put my KO2s up for sale... I blame you @Markuson :)

Ha!!! :angelic: It's not my fault! :hillbilly:
-If I ever go full mud tire, it may well be those...or Taco's Coopers--which he's been super happy with.

Ha!!! :angelic: It's not my fault! :hillbilly:
-If I ever go full mud tire, it may well be those...or Taco's Coopers--which he's been super happy with.

It was between these and the Coopers. I really liked the S/T Maxx on my Tundra but I wanted a M/T and heard some rumblings of the S/T Pros chunking on rocks. Granted that was from the Heep crowd so who knows?

All in all I wanted a bit more rear diff height as I was nailing it on some trails here. Plus, 35s look cool... :banana:

It was between these and the Coopers. I really liked the S/T Maxx on my Tundra but I wanted a M/T and heard some rumblings of the S/T Pros chunking on rocks. Granted that was from the Heep crowd so who knows?

All in all I wanted a bit more rear diff height as I was nailing it on some trails here. Plus, 35s look cool... :banana:

Taco is running these (STT-Pro)...which are muds:

Cooper Discoverer STT PRO Tires

You going to utilize the slee sway bar relo brackets or tundra conversion?

I rub a lil now. You'll rub more with those 13"+ wide tires but no more than I did with the trail grapplers in the same size. It nothing to worry about really. At full lock you're creeping anyway and that's when it occurs. Without the relo bracket you better plan on just driving straight.

I rub a lil now. You'll rub more with those 13"+ wide tires but no more than I did with the trail grapplers in the same size. It nothing to worry about really. At full lock you're creeping anyway and that's when it occurs. Without the relo bracket you better plan on just driving straight.

Looks like I'll be making a phone call on Monday.

Spacers would cause rub elsewhere. @MScruiser figured that one out and shared. The relo bracket alone works well and tue offset of the RW wheels
Good luck. Imo its worth the cost for the benefit

Spacers would cause rub elsewhere. @MScruiser figured that one out and shared. The relo bracket alone works well and tue offset of the RW wheels
Good luck. Imo its worth the cost for the benefit

My spacers definitely had to go. Already sold them.

Welp, I said I wouldn't do it, yet here we are.

Screen_Shot_2017-06-24_at_3.13.25_PM.png

With my special discount it actually came out to $1502 shipped for all 5. Guess I'll put my KO2s up for sale... I blame you @Markuson :)

You are going to love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom