Builds Ikarus' LX470 Offroad Build and BS (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not yet. I think if I cranked em a little I could level it out, but again I'll be replacing them with OME when the lift goes on, so haven't worried about it. Relentless makes good stuff, would be interesting to see his take on a 100 bumper. I had a Pelfreybilt on my Tacoma, but they don't do 100s unfortunately.

Yeah I have Relentless on my Tacoma now and he has never made a bumper for a 100 series. But he did say he's had quite a few people ask him lately for one. I know the Tacoma bumpers he makes are very stout. I can only imagine anything he comes up with for the 100 will be that same.

Massive new upgrade today... $5 aux cable haha

2016-12-20%2009.08.26_zpsepbp96ls.jpg

2016-12-20%2009.08.14_zpshbjq1fcj.jpg

Honestly not bad!

Looking good! I need to do that mod next^ haha

Quick question....you had no fitment issues running 285/75/16 with those wheels on stock suspension?

Looking good! I need to do that mod next^ haha

Quick question....you had no fitment issues running 285/75/16 with those wheels on stock suspension?

Running around town it's been fine, but every now and then when i compress the front driver's side quickly, i hit the black box in the front of the wheel well... been trying to figure out what it is but my searches haven't discovered anything. Though my shocks are shot, maybe that's part of the problem.

I also trimmed the fender guards over the pinch welds behind the tires.

Running around town it's been fine, but every now and then when i compress the front driver's side quickly, i hit the black box in the front of the wheel well... been trying to figure out what it is but my searches haven't discovered anything. Though my shocks are shot, maybe that's part of the problem.

I also trimmed the fender guards over the pinch welds behind the tires.
Could be mistaken, but I believe the black box you're speaking of is actually a shield for the washer fluid reservoir... take a look from the front, behind the bumper to confirm if we're talking about the same thing.

OME%20Lift%20100%20series001_zpsudsdsien.jpg

Been busy. Just got my OME 2.5" lift installed courtesy @cruiseroutfit. Love how it rides now!

OME%20Lift%20100%20series002_zpsxivwhhwt.jpg

OME torsion bars up front, 860 medium springs in the rear, Nitrocharger Sports all around, as well as a Slee diff drop, OME torsion bar reinforcement brackets, SPC UCAs, and AHC delete.

OME%20Lift%20100%20series003_zpsijksrwfj.jpg

OME%20Lift%20100%20series004_zpsinauucby.jpg

Once the weather warms up, I need to get under there with a wire wheel and clean up that rust.

Also rebooted the CV's, flushed all my fluids, and replaced a broken sway bar link.

Making good progress - Looks good! I'm in the early stages of my '98 LX build as well. I'll be following along to see what you're doing on this based on how good that Tacoma looks!

Trying to stock up parts to lift my new to me LX here soon. I'm coming from a 3rd gen 4runner. How's the ride compared to the AHC? Rig is looking good btw!

Dang, looking good!! Curious, if you don't mind sharing...about how much were you charged for the install? Back in the day, I would do it myself but now I never seem to have time!

Making good progress - Looks good! I'm in the early stages of my '98 LX build as well. I'll be following along to see what you're doing on this based on how good that Tacoma looks!

Thanks man!

Trying to stock up parts to lift my new to me LX here soon. I'm coming from a 3rd gen 4runner. How's the ride compared to the AHC? Rig is looking good btw!

Thanks. I can't really answer that, as my AHC was dying and the rear springs weren't Toyota or the right length or width... ha. It's definitely more firm. Some would say too firm. But on a 100, OME is much more comfortable than it was on my Tacoma - that was jarring sometimes.

Dang, looking good!! Curious, if you don't mind sharing...about how much were you charged for the install? Back in the day, I would do it myself but now I never seem to have time!

Yeah I would have done this myself but I'm just wrapping up an engine swap on my BMW and don't have free garage space - most places in town will do it for $800-$1000 with AHC removal.

Yeah, looking to install myself but this whole torsion bar deal is brand new for me. Guess it'll be a learning experience. Thanks for the response.

I've always been a fan of the HDJ/FZJ105 look:
safari-4x4-toyota-100-105-series-1HZ-performance_zpsdkgdcj6v.jpg

Toyota-HZJ-105-II_zpsuf5go5pb.jpg

So, roof rack delete:

Roof%20Rack%20Delete%201_zpschfzax4d.jpg

Roof%20Rack%20Delete%202_zpstqz7sndp.jpg

It was really simple - followed the instructions here:

Factory roof rack removal

Used a T40 Torx and a flathead screwdriver. Removed the rack, sealed it up with M8x1.25 20mm bolts and silicone sealant, then covered up the holes with the Toyota gutter molding covers - P/N (75557-60010). Ordered from Camelback Toyota. Easy job, took an hour.

I also like it without the roof rack. What are you doing for storage without it?

Curious since we use a roof bag for all out stuff...

I also like it without the roof rack. What are you doing for storage without it?

Curious since we use a roof bag for all out stuff...

Nothing special, I've never used a roof rack. In previous builds and in the future for this one, I like to keep gas and a spare on the rear bumper, I don't do awnings or light bars and I have a ground tent. Usually only two people in the car, and then throw a stove, tent, cooler, sleeping bags and camping gear in the back... I guess I just travel light.

I think they look very clean w/o a rack.

I took my FR off a few years ago for the winter and there's less wind noise too.

That LX looks really sharp w/o the rack and those wheels - wow.

I thought I'd try out a hood blackout and see how it looks -
2017-03-25%2013.48.03_zpsbd1omike.jpg

So I called up my buddy and he gathered up some extra matte black vinyl he had left over. We taped up a general shape following the hood lines.

2017-03-25%2014.07.34_zpswashavey.jpg

2017-03-25%2014.19.16_zpsbg0wdq9z.jpg

Rounded off the bottom edges and wrapped the top under the hood.

2017-03-25%2014.22.03_zpssbnahsw9.jpg

2017-03-25%2014.48.14_zpswb8o9ujz.jpg

I like it a lot. I think I need to get a front bumper to tie the look together 100% though...

Last edited:
looks great man. thinking about doing the same on mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom