What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, @dogfishlake that wasn't very nice! That was my "winter layer". It's cold in these parts!
Sorry buddy, I couldn't resist.

Apparently my body thinks it's winter all the time cause my layer wont leave!

I'm doing this tomorrow! Hopefully the 48 gallons of oil that has leaked since March will help make it easier.

Note: I think I'm exaggerating about the 48 gallons but may not be...
I would seriously consider taking out radiator. It gives you a lot more room to gently tap screws to break loose and also more room to hold the tool your using with more leverage while trying to unscrew those 7 dirty little buggers..

Last edited:
I would seriously consider taking out radiator. It gives you a lot more room to gently tap screws to break loose and also more room to hold the tool your using with more leverage while trying to unscrew those 7 dirty little buggers..
Mine was out and it helped a ton. I'm not sure my drill would've fit otherwise. Even if it did, the extra room is well worth it.

Mine was out and it helped a ton. I'm not sure my drill would've fit otherwise. Even if it did, the extra room is well worth it.
First time I did this job I had to drill out 4 of the screws! Man, I was s***ting bricks the whole time.. Radiator was in at that time.. This time around it was out and boy did it make a difference...

Haven't done it before but I planned on pulling the radiator. Been 7 months since I got it. Going to do a full flush and fill. I'm going to pull the grill too and paint it at the same time.

I watched the video from TexasKnowHow and used it as an excuse to pick up the little 12v Milwaukee impact kit. And have the hex head screws from @Hornd.

Hopefully it goes smoothly.

I hid it in the bushes.

ksqA2gk.jpg

If I wear the shirt how the hell am I supposed to see the specs and parts?
You need to make a female version of that so I can see clearly what to do and have my undivided attention towards the shirt.

The shirt is for you to wear and do what you do, lie on your stomach while the manly men have a clear roadmap of where best to lube.

What hose is this? (The missing one). I know it's a vacuum hose of some sort but not sure for what. It was cracked wide open. Would this adversely impact performance?

IMG_1839.JPG

What hose is this? (The missing one). I know it's a vacuum hose of some sort but not sure for what. It was cracked wide open. Would this adversely impact performance?

View attachment 1340437

Put a hose on it and find out!

It's for one of the emissions components under the intake IIRC. Not sure which one. I'm sure there are conditions where this could affect performance (slightly.)

"repaired" my bent bumper with the help of a tow strap and a sturdy pine tree. 30 second job, got it pretty straight, fixed the damage that the insurance adjuster deemed worthy of a total loss. :hillbilly:

Put a hose on it and find out!

It's for one of the emissions components under the intake IIRC. Not sure which one. I'm sure there are conditions where this could affect performance (slightly.)

Yeah. I did. But working on other stuff so I'll find out in a bit.

Replacing plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor. So not sure if I'll be able to conclusively know.

My 93 is slower than my desmogged 92. By a full 2 secs 0-60. So something is wrong.

Put in 6.5s Pioneers in the rear doors.

Also tried fixing my driver power seat. One side moves and the other does not...so I took it apart and looks like I need the gear which I found on this forum....BUT when I went to put the seat back in the LC one of the rails won't bolt in....I guess I need to take it back apart and move the rail??????

Edit: fixed it

Last edited:
I know I talked a lot of crap about the 1FZ-FE before. I will say that I had forgotten how much of a PITA it was to work on compared to the 3FE. This thing is ridiculous.

I know I talked a lot of crap about the 1FZ-FE before. I will say that I had forgotten how much of a PITA it was to work on compared to the 3FE. This thing is ridiculous.
In what sense? Don't have a 3FE to compare, really only have worked on the 1FZ, so if you say it's hard, I'm going to pat myself on the back extra hard. :cool:

ih8chrome. The white LC came with chromed OEM wheels. I had them chemically stripped and the aluminum was pitted. I elected to rattle can things after laborious hand sanding going through the grits. After 150 grit I shot Rustoleum etching primer as a guide coat. I liked the clayish color and decide to rethink my "anodized bronze" top coat, so I shot a gloss clear over the basic primer and the anodized bronze and provide the results here. What do you think???

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom