Separating photos with text - How To (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hugh Heifer

Less than 115 days!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.stlca.org
I get a lot of questions on how to separate attached photos with text like I did in my split case rebuild thread. I have seen the question in other threads. There are several ways to do this. One is making a hot link from your pics saved on another site and placing them throughout your post.

The other way, and the way that most people are curious about works like this:

Click the paper clip icon and load your three pictures like you normally would. Once loaded click the "Close Window" button at the bottom of the window.

pics how.JPG

Type your comment and when you are ready to put a pic in, click the drop down next to the paper clip. A drop down will appear with the names of your pictures. Click the name of the picture you want to put in the post and it will be placed wherever your cursor is.

pics how2.JPG

There you have it. Pics in text!

You can now cut and paste the line of code somewhere else in the post if you want and even somewhere else on Mud. You can also center the pic or right justify it or whatever.

:cheers:
hughheiffer.gif
pics how.JPG
hughheiffer.gif
pics how2.JPG

I see some guys using another member's picture in their posts. Is there a way to do this without saving it and reattaching it?
Can you access the line of code for someone else's attachment?

right click the image and select 'properties' - you'll find the attachment number there

Last edited by a moderator:
see my edit to your post....

right click image, 'save image location'

[ img ] ctrv-v (paste) [ /img ]

attachment.php

Okay, I think I cheated by just copying the attachment location from the properties, then pasting it into the "insert image" popup.

Maybe that's what you were saying, just using [ img ] ctrv-v (paste) [ /img ]

Thanks!

Just testing

Here is one pic
B26-flak.jpg

And another one
pre-crash-picture-atv-four-wheeler-falls-apart.jpg

last one here
on_the_face.jpg
B26-flak.jpg
pre-crash-picture-atv-four-wheeler-falls-apart.jpg
on_the_face.jpg

Testing:

Jacques dogs.jpg

It works.
Jacques dogs.jpg

Last edited:
I'll try it too.

Here's one.
canibal pumpkin 1.jpg

And another.
they eat their own.jpg
canibal pumpkin 1.jpg
they eat their own.jpg

Great info, works perfect. Is there a way to put more then 3 pictures at at time?

Thanks

I get a lot of questions on how to separate attached photos with text like I did in my split case rebuild thread. I have seen the question in other threads. There are several ways to do this. One is making a hot link from your pics saved on another site and placing them throughout your post.

The other way, and the way that most people are curious about works like this:

Click the paper clip icon and load your three pictures like you normally would. Once loaded click the "Close Window" button at the bottom of the window.

View attachment 248310

Type your comment and when you are ready to put a pic in, click the drop down next to the paper clip. A drop down will appear with the names of your pictures. Click the name of the picture you want to put in the post and it will be placed wherever your cursor is.

View attachment 248316

There you have it. Pics in text!

You can now cut and paste the line of code somewhere else in the post if you want and even somewhere else on Mud. You can also center the pic or right justify it or whatever.

Okay. New here to the forum a pic posting. I've posted two pictures on a thread and now it won't let me post another. Says I've got too much uploaded already.
A. How do I remove the old attachments?
B. Will that remove the photos from the thread they're posted in?
C. How do I keep from filling up my allowed data? And can't I keep posting decent sized photos without having to shrink them to next to nothing to save space?

As covered in the User Guide thread (which, BTW, was required reading during registration), you have a VERY limited attachment space...

re-read the User Guide thread :)

(I know I know...stupid directions...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom