Little 25 treasures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:confused: Thread is open - post up your treasures. :)

Stock storage location of the engine crank in a early soft top model. Not sure if there was enough clearance to do this with the larger hard top door?

Also the difference in the early bracket for the safety straps and the later ones that were still mounted to side of the tub and not the catch for the hard doors.

Then the early radiator bracket that mounted to the front crossmember. Has a guide for the engine hand crank. My 65 FJ45 doesn't have it. Still need to research my early FJ40 to see if I can tell when it ended.
IMG_0873.jpg
IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0857.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the rear license plate lens. I got one that was totally missing the license bracket. Another that had the lens MIA. Another that the lens was shattered. Then one good one. The lens is made of glass. Not how much interest there would be of this made from plastic. Thinking a making one from plastic and keeping this one stored away.
IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0867.jpg

Is that last picture a close up of the engine hand crank?? Wow, that bib look really clean!!!

I don't know much, but I would think that you could find some glass blowing hobbyist that might be able to make a couple glass ones for you...and not cost you too much either. Failing that, it would be pretty easy to vacuum form a couple plastic ones and save the glass one :)

Is that last picture a close up of the engine hand crank?? Wow, that bib look really clean!!!

That is a picture of the guide that is welded into the front of the bracket that the radiator bolts to. I just checked the one on my early FJ40 and it wasn't there. Need to check a couple of other early FJ40s to see if this ended with the FJ25.

Info for all, I found the "stay complete, radiator" or "support sub assy, radiator" in my parts books. Looks like it changed part numbers in 1966. started with BJ20-51401 then 53108-60010. After 1965 changed to 53108-60011 without the hole for the engine crank. I started looking these up with my January 1958 parts book. Seeing as we know Toyota used up parts on the shelf and mixed and matched some vehicles, I won't swear by the parts books. But it is great reference material. It is possible that they did not update their illistrations untill 1966. Fun hobby we have. John

Info for all, I found the "stay complete, radiator" or "support sub assy, radiator" in my parts books. Looks like it changed part numbers in 1966. started with BJ20-51401 then 53108-60010. After 1965 changed to 53108-60011 without the hole for the engine crank. I started looking these up with my January 1958 parts book. Seeing as we know Toyota used up parts on the shelf and mixed and matched some vehicles, I won't swear by the parts books. But it is great reference material. It is possible that they did not update their illistrations untill 1966. Fun hobby we have. John

I looked this up also. I see where the guide is pictured but not sure if was still there after the FJ25. All the early FJ40s and my 65 FJ45 do not have it. Plus I have some others brackets laying around off of years I don't know but none have guide. It wouldn't surprise me if Toyota just keep using the same picture in the parts catalogs for years after they did away with the guide. The guide has nothing to do with the radiator fitting or not. I also notice on my grey FJ25 with the guide on the bumper and the guide in the bracket it didn't line up with the engine. Toyota may have figured the guide in the bracket was more truoble than help.:meh:

Would be interesting to see if anyone has a early FJ40 with the guide. To me it seems funny all my FJ25s have the guide and none of my FJ40s do. Two of them being 61s. This isn't a common part to be changed as long as the original engine is still there which it is in all my early FJ40s.

a few of my treasures. the master i've had for quite a few years. a friend found it in his stash and sold it to me for $20. the door chain with cover is off of annie and there's only one cover and a part of the other chain. this chain has been broken and wire tied. both tailgate chains have the covers, the pic is the better one and even it's a little crunchy
DSC04816.JPG
DSC04812.JPG
DSC04736.JPG

Last edited:
well the one stuck to your regulator doesnt' do us any good ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom