Little 25 treasures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I'd post up a pic of a few items that might easily go missing on a 25...flasher (I think), seat pin, soft top door limiting chain, fuse holder...

or these...
P5120001.jpg
P5120007.jpg

Turn signal switch....needs stock 25 steering wheel to self cancel, an early 40 steering wheel will fit but then ya gotta remember....
P5120011.jpg

Wow, never seen the door chain before! :eek: Original cloth cover and all. Is that the same chain on the inside as used for the radiator cap/gas cap? Yep, that's the original flasher.

Mine has the original cloth spacers in between the hood and bib. I took them off to preserve them and replaced them with the black poly ones. Pics tomorrow. The one tailgate chain I have has the cloth wrap on it also.

cool stuff :)

The door stop chain links are larger than the radiator cap/gas cap/oil filler cap, same style though...

Thought this was pretty cool when I got it......I'd only seen the locking cap before:
cap.JPG

Marv has a chrome one on his fj25
019.jpg

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Thought this was pretty cool when I got it......I'd only seen the locking cap before:

OK, you guys are tough. How about this, an original leather clutch fork boot. ;p
P5250011.JPG

??

I don't have a digital camera; sorry no pics. But the PO threw in a pair of 36 inch long rods. Rounded tip at one end, 90 degree nut and bolt at the other end, and a one inch ring welded about a third of the way down the rod. Any clue from this vague description?

Bad pic, I know...has anybody seen a cover on their trouble light power supply? Found this critter, hard to believe any of the POs who beat the living crap out of this 25 bothered to cover the plug-in...
P6050004.jpg

Is this an original pintle? Bolt holes match up one of my bumpers, can't check the others, just wondering...
P6050005.jpg

Steve,
I'm gonna take a wag here........top bow over the door for an old Bestop? Used to have something like that.

Oh, darn. And here I thought I had some rare vintage pieces that I could get $500 for on ebay (or at least trade for some real tail lights). ;)

Steve, I'm working on confirming this, but everything that I've seen so far tells me that the only difference between the FJ40 bib lights that SOR sells and the FJ25 tail lights is the extra wire and the lens color. I can get you the lenses and if you can solder, you can add the extra wire for the turn signal. Its the same process that you'd do to add the blinker function to the bib lights if you were replacing those. Then all you'd need are tail light brackets.

Mike,

The brackets that my trailer lights are hanging on, are the right ones from what I can tell. So, all I need are the lights and red lenses.

By the way, I'm at work right now, but I'll let you know the mode configuration on the headlight switch when I get home. However from what I can remember, one notch left is headlights and tail lights; two notches left is front parking lights and tail lights; and one notch to the right of center is tail lights only and the under-dash interior light . . . . I think. Will verify.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom