Jim S. FJ40 Tuneup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ready to go!:hillbilly:
2F_project_69.jpg

Last edited:
Slobbered some spray bomb on the welds and it spread over the front half of the frame!:hillbilly:
2F_project_70.jpg

2F_project_71.jpg

2F_project_72.jpg

Last edited:
:cool:

Looking good guys. Hopefully I'll have the right boot/seal headed your way tomorrow.

Look, a new power unit, but it also old and tired![/QUOTE]

Hope they'll let me use a walker like this down at the Nursing Home!!

So how many ponies is that? :hmm:

View attachment 653146
Well, I have to admit that I have been bored, and I have been stroked, but anyone that knows me at all is well aware that I am nowhere close to being balanced!! Duh, what I'm really trying to say is that I'm sure that the new 2FE has me beat!

blueprinted it's where it's at anyway - or so I hear :p

Last edited:
blue is good :steer:

You guys are having too much fun down there in Mesa. It was nice to visit. I'm excited to see that truck coming together. I honestly don't know where else a guy could park his 40 and get that much work done on it. Jim, you are a lucky dog!

Gentlemen, nice work! Makes me wish I woulda done my power steering that way... :cheers:

We have been doing lots of stuff, unfortunately have not been taking many pix:eek: or doing stuff that doesn't show well in pix, like referbing wiring harness, etc.

The front pinion seal was leaking. Attempted to drain the fluid, the drain plug was stripped, had to fight with it. The old seal was a simple type, replaced it with a better type, more robust and has the dust lip. Came from Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters.
2fe_project_70.jpg

2fe_project_71.jpg

2fe_project_72.jpg

Last edited:
Sorting out this wiring:confused: is like playing Monopoly:hmm: with your eyes closed:whoops:, drunk:bang:, .............. just something I heard about once..............:hillbilly:

One of the big jobs that needed to be done before the motor can go in was converting the throttle from linkage to cable. Used the stock lower pedal and bracket, the upper part from a FJ62 pedal and the cable from a '91 Camry.:hillbilly:

The stock bracket and pedal pivot shaft were very worn, didn't have any bushings. We welded washers to the stock bracket, then drilled it out to use the FJ62 bushings. Cut the top off of the FJ62 pedal and welded it to the stock pedal. Drilled the firewall for the cable. Were able to use two stock holes, only needed to add one nut to the stock Camry hardware.

It works well, has full range of motion, with lots of adjustment. Looks stock, still need to add a full throttle stop to the pedal, the early rigs didn't come with one.
2fe_project_73.jpg

2fe_project_74.jpg

2fe_project_75.jpg

Last edited:
The motor is gaining weight, lots of parts on it, the steering is all on, ready to go, need to shoot some pix.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom