Builds 2018 GCC Spec 79 Series 1HD-FTE + H152 - The Camel (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Day 2. Love the truck. However it gets a lot of attention. I expected some attention but I rarely get approached while driving any of my old 40/45’s. Not a fan.

View attachment 3371374

Learn a little bit of sign language and just spam it at them when they come up and talk to you? 🤪

Cheers

Replicate this…bunny hat and all. People will leave you alone.

864C3B06-31B5-41C6-91EB-C09FF78663C3.gif

Geez, kind of a silly vibe here at the end of the build. I did 3/4 of the break in miles (750 miles) and only got approached three or so times. Idaho is fairly chill though as far as people all up in your business. I noticed A LOT of stares though anytime out on the road, even in farmer country.

Anyways, John did a test on it we never did. 1,500lbs in the bed.

1C65BECD-B64C-4E8A-9A2D-1CC3DE74C556.jpeg

I can tell from the pic it is compressed but I can also tell it is not riding on the bump stops. That makes me happy, it is coil springs after all.

Cheers

Just another regular old pickup truck doing pickup truck things....

Filled up after burning through a few hundred miles this week. 18.3 mpg was the number. This is pretty good considering the truck was not exactly driven in a manner that would get good mileage. A lot of slow driving. Idling. Pulled out a couple of trucks that got stuck in a ditch.

Truck continues to perform great. Rides amazing. Drives amazing.

IMG_3194.jpeg

Now that’s my kind of artwork right there. A cruiser looking like a cruiser should, having done lots of cruiser things that day. What part of FL you in? When I’m back that way, I’m in Brevard county.

I received my Escape Gear seat covers. Unfortunately they won’t work. The drivers seat is a Scheelmann so not even close. The passenger side bottom will work but the back does not. I think the upholstery guy added some bolster there when it was recovered. No big deal I guess.

Personally it doesn’t bother me if my dog gets the seat muddy. She rides in my red 45 all the time with no seat cover.

1690844281869.jpeg

They make scheel-man seat covers but I guess you knew that already. I have one on my drivers side from Delta (made in Germany). It fits well but I do miss my escape gear covers I admit.

They make scheel-man seat covers but I guess you knew that already. I have one on my drivers side from Delta (made in Germany). It fits well but I do miss my escape gear covers I admit.
I don’t really mind getting the Scheelmann dirty. They clean fairly easy and they always sell more. The passenger seat was custom so I am “trying” to take a little more care with it.

Finally got to see this one in person. Amazing how much more room the 79 cab has versus the 75.

This is by far the best resto-mod work I’ve ever seen. Every bracket and wire is perfectly placed. It’s the ultimate Land Cruiser

A+

IMG_5795.jpeg

IMG_5797.jpeg

IMG_5804.jpeg

Soooooo…….just got back from driving this thing a couple of hours. Off road. On road. Open road.

Shocks are tuned great for the washboard around here.

The 4.30 gears really make this thing come alive. Seems like a different driveline altogether versus his Maroon 80.

The roads are wet and it will literally break the rear tires free in all 5 gears. Rips.

We got to pull a guy out that was stuck to boot

IMG_5828.jpeg

IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5833.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom