Builds 2018 GCC Spec 79 Series 1HD-FTE + H152 - The Camel (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just weighed the 79 this morning, 5500lbs. 3220lbs front & 2280lbs rear, heavier than I expected. That is also with only about a 1/4 tank in the main and none in the sub.

Cheers

On its way as of about 1:30pm today! 🚀😳😍🤙

16B6F451-1377-4DDC-B782-75B01E195515.jpeg
84167E10-C7E9-4E94-9EE6-520839BFB33E.jpeg
863E8F52-0B71-4927-90C7-BD2B1BD66EF7.jpeg

Cheers

Nice! Would that towing setup be under heavy vehicle laws stateside? As in restricted driving hours?

Nice! Would that towing setup be under heavy vehicle laws stateside? As in restricted driving hours?

If the setup is capable of towing 26,001 pounds it is considered commercial and they have to stop at weigh stations and can only drive a set amount of hours per 24 hour period

Last edited:
If the setup is capable of towing 26,001 pounds it is considered commercial and they have to stop at weigh stations and can only drive a set amount of hours per 24 hour period
Tandem dual tire axles so that is definitely commercial and way over 26k total weight capacity if you ad both max weights for truck and trailer .

It’s here. As expected, it’s fantastic. I’m going to go drive it now.

View attachment 3370150
Well? WELL???

Initial thoughts? Is it a dream? Did you find an involuntary massive grin splitting your face as you drove off? Inquiring (and JEALOUS) minds want to know!! 🧐 lol

Seriously, you must be ecstatic!! 🤓 🫶

Well? WELL???

Initial thoughts? Is it a dream? Did you find an involuntary massive grin splitting your face as you drove off? Inquiring (and JEALOUS) minds want to know!! 🧐 lol

He’s giddy.

Well? WELL???

@Rigster it’s fantastic. This is the third truck @SNLC has done for me and he never disappoints. It’s so unfortunate you cannot go down to the dealership and order one just like it.

Not much else to say really. Ian is so perfectly OCD on these things.

Day 2. Love the truck. However it gets a lot of attention. I expected some attention but I rarely get approached while driving any of my old 40/45’s. Not a fan.

View attachment 3371374
Yep. I get the same kind of thing with my 76, though probably not as bad as you have it. I find it embarrassing actually.

Since I may be more used to it than you, I suppose I could take one for the team and take it off your hands. Let me know... 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom