Solid Axle Summit #7 Texas Convoy Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The current plan is to stay in Pueblo West on Friday night.
We'll be going by Classic Cruisers some time that morning as well. I've got some stuff to drop off with Brandon.
We should be in and out though. I want to get unloaded and get setup at the KOA.

Glad to convoy with anyone heading out of the San Antonio/Austin markets on the 28th. Mason may be a good place to meet up. My goal is to be there around 9 ish and then head towards Casey’s

Glad to convoy with anyone heading out of the San Antonio/Austin markets on the 28th. Mason may be a good place to meet up. My goal is to be there around 9 ish and then head towards Casey’s
We’ll be going through Menard from SA (assuming me, KJ and Monroy plus anyone else leaving from SA or coming along I-10). I figured we’d meet you at the Pilot in Comfort? Unless you’re just taking a north route, could pick up other AUS folks in Menard.

We’ll be going through Menard from SA (assuming me, KJ and Monroy plus anyone else leaving from SA or coming along I-10). I figured we’d meet you at the Pilot in Comfort? Unless you’re just taking a north route, could pick up other AUS folks in Menard.
Ah yes…Menard would be the place with those taking the 10 out of SA. So maybe we shoot for 10ish

10ish in Menard sounds good. The Austonian’s will come in on 29. Can meet here on the N side of town. Pretty big parking lot and place to fuel up…

Bowie’s
1622–1642 US-83
Menard, TX 76859
United States

Plan to meet up at Pilot in Comfort about 8:30-8:45…

For those that are traveling from the SE area to Ouray this year we are hosting a place to eat and stay here at the shop. There is plenty of room for tents, campers and tow rigs.

This year's Texas Convoy will be Friday July 28th at my shop. There will be food provided and is BYOB. We sincerely hope the weather does not involve Biblical rainfall amounts this year.
We will leave Saturday July 29th at 8am with a overnight destination near the Great SandDunes NP. Please be fueled and ready. Pushing hard this year to see the Dunes before sunset.;) Their is a place that we set up camp on BLM land just south of the park.
I will be leading a group over Medano Pass again for those of you wanting to do that..
On Sunday morning the 30th, we will make our annual pilgrimage to Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs CO. Brandon and crew will be there to welcome us for shopping and a group photo.

Please respond so we can get a head count for food.
Looking forward to seeing y'all real soon.
Casey..
I'm in, what's the address of your shop?
Thanks,
Roger

Anyone want to drive an 80 from San Antonio to SAS? I am looking to buy my old 80 back and would bring my gooseneck trailer and take my 40 out and both back. I would cover fuel and any other expenses.

I see a few of you are from San Antonio. Let me know.

80 is mostly stock with 2" lift and 33's.

Anyone want to drive an 80 from San Antonio to SAS? I am looking to buy my old 80 back and would bring my gooseneck trailer and take my 40 out and both back. I would cover fuel and any other expenses.

I see a few of you are from San Antonio. Let me know.

80 is mostly stock with 2" lift and 33's.
This is possible. I’ll have a guest riding in my 80 who could just drive another in the convoy. Let me inquire. Who has the truck now and where is it?

This is possible. I’ll have a guest riding in my 80 who could just drive another in the convoy. Let me inquire. Who has the truck now and where is it?
Let me find his name and location. I sold it a year ago. He reached out to me yesterday with this curveball! He has been on mud.

Sounds great. @TexFJ may be in the posse too.

I think the rendezvous has moved up the road to Menard per a post a couple days ago.
I'll probably leave out of Dripping or West Lake Hills, so probably wouldn't drive with you until Llano... unless it makes sense for all of us to take 71.

1689112443603.png

Sounds great. @TexFJ may be in the posse too.

I think the rendezvous has moved up the road to Menard per a post a couple days ago.
I believe Jimmy will be coming up through Mason then on to Menard so one way or the other...what truck are you bringing? (please say Ichiro)

I believe Jimmy will be coming up through Mason then on to Menard so one way or the other...what truck are you bringing? (please say Ichiro)
Unlikely. Planning to tow Chester with my wife's LX570. I'll make a decision this weekend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom