Solid Axle Summit #7 Texas Convoy Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in for Friday, riding solo from Dallas. Last year, I missed the party on Friday night due to leaving home later than planned and running into the down pour outside Amarillo. Not missing it again!
That was a hell of a storm!

What part of Dallas are you leaving from? Time?
@ChickenDaddy, myself and (I think) 4 others will be heading out sometime Friday morning from the north side of Dallas.
Its looking like we are going to get a early start Friday morning. A 6am departure out of Dallas is the plan. There is going to be at least 7 rigs as of now with 3-4 continuing on as we split in Amarillo to go to Potato Launchers shop

We are shooting for a 10 am arrival at Classic Cruisers in Poncha Springs on Sunday July 30th. Lunch at Elevation Brewery down the road then on to Ouray.

@POTATO LAUNCHER What's the ETA for arriving at the start of Medano Pass road on Saturday? We're going to head down Friday and camp nearby, probably up in the hills near Bishop Castle, and then meet y'all at the beginning of Medano. I'm sure we'll be in touch that day but do you have a general idea of time frame?

Early to Mid afternoon is our Goal Jim. Will have a better idea next Saturday.
It's like herding Cats each year.
Lotta variables with that many people on the road, no problem. We’ll probably head over that way and find a spot to post up for a picnic.

I’ll be flat-towing this ‘72 behind my wife’s LX570. I’m considering whether to install the hard top or go with the bikini top and half doors. Thoughts? I’m leaning toward bikini.
1690027205644.jpeg

I drove my 40 last year with doors and bikini top the whole way. Takes a little different mindset and prep knowing you'll be exposed to the elements but it was totally worth it.

Really want to make this but some last minute issues will probably keep me from getting to Amarillo on time! I'm writing this from Odessa, but my 80 is in Houston being worked on and I am hoping to be able to get it Friday midday. If anything changes I will head that way but if not I'll look forward to meeting y'all in Ouray.

I'm not sure what kind of mileage you guys in the 60 & 80 series get, but my tundra gets about 8-9 towing my 40. We can pass everything but a gas station. Will fuel up in Menard, and will need it again around Lubbock... and again in Amarillo. She's a thirsty one.

I'm not sure what kind of mileage you guys in the 60 & 80 series get, but my tundra gets about 8-9 towing my 40. We can pass everything but a gas station. Will fuel up in Menard, and will need it again around Lubbock... and again in Amarillo. She's a thirsty one.
No worries. Lots of stops.

So far these are the folks that have confirmed on the Convoy. Some are going to meet along the way. The first list will be people coming to my shop on Friday the 28th.

@POTATO LAUNCHER
@BombCity
@80Lady
@cornboy @CenTXFJ60
@fl4031003
@SoTexCruiserDoc
@aer0397
@BigHighBlue
@samc2447
@Yackster
@txav8er
@ChickenDaddy
@JohnnyFish
@TexFJ
@cstav86
@landsnoozer
@kmj64
@Cactus Camper
@FloridaCruiser22
@GearGeek

People meeting in route:
@4Cruisers
@CruiserTrash
@matzell
And me.....newbie to this group!! From Austin.

Austin/San Antonio folks, see you 10’ish tomorrow morning here:

Bowie’s
1622–1642 US-83
Menard, TX 76859
United States

I’ll be leaving west lake around 7 or so and out 71.

Austin/San Antonio folks, see you 10’ish tomorrow morning here:

Bowie’s
1622–1642 US-83
Menard, TX 76859
United States

I’ll be leaving west lake around 7 or so and out 71.
San Antonio folks will gather up at Love’s in Comfort around 0800-0830. Then head to Menard. 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom