Your online, go-to vendor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Needing a few parts. I've ordered from the various vendors, but for this next part of the fj43's life, it's time to replace all wheel bearings, rebuild the knuckles, overhaul (just kidding, I meant replace) every steering component and dive into the brakes- maybe, just maybe restore the entire suspension. Who is your go-to, online vendor? Thanks all!

We would love to help @ Cruiser Outfitters. We stock thousands of parts, ship most orders the same day and speak very fluent FJ43 :D

We stock the knuckle overhaul kit and any 'while you're in there' part you may need.

We stock the full suspension kits for the 43 too!

Heads up, the mobile site is very non functional. Inspecting it, there seems to be a js error in the open header menu (hamburger icon) will check them out on desktop puter tomorrow. Thanks!

Cruiserteq.com ?

Can you screenshot what your seeing so I can get our web team on it.

Needing a few parts. I've ordered from the various vendors, but for this next part of the fj43's life, it's time to replace all wheel bearings, rebuild the knuckles, overhaul (just kidding, I meant replace) every steering component and dive into the brakes- maybe, just maybe restore the entire suspension. Who is your go-to, online vendor? Thanks all!

there is one important KEY point and FACT here to consider when your ordering or going to order needed Land Cruiser parts prior to the 1982 year .....

- see .........

- 1982 and later TOYOTA's have a 17 digit VIN # , pre / early -1981 DO NOT ..........

- since the First Generation Commodore 64 based EPC Electronic Parts Cataloger , simply entering the Toyota 17 digit VIN # pretty much spits out the ONLY correct part # 99% of the time for example ,.

- the original OLD SKOOL Microfiche reader and slides system required training and a fairly skilled HUMAN BRAIN to fully understand and let alone order the correct part the first Rodeo go around ........

- the thread starters title is " Your online, go-to vendor? "

- that's EAZY PEEZY decision for me personally , one main reason is because they actually have a working living and breathing original TOYOTA Genuine Parts Microfiche Slides Reader / Projector :)

- i have a original last revised set of full menu slides , but i really do want a functional Reader / Projector at a work station in my office one day just like the GO-TO Vendor Below :

- , especially for powertrain and chassis related parts is simply :

Untitled9.png

Last edited:
The guys from @cruiseroutfit have been awesome helping me over the years with both of the 40’s I’ve had as well as the other active vendors on this site. I think you’ll find that the land cruiser community is full of a bunch of awesome people to deal with that will help however you can.

Also good to see another fellow Georgian in the southern half of the state! It seems like most are up “north” these days.

You read my mind I was going to ask the same question. Thanks for doing that.

Here near my house our local Toyota part guy has help me find some good parts just picked up all OEM filters and he managed to get me some OEM front calipers according to him there was only 1 passenger side caliper left in East coast and I got it.

Good to know about @cruiseroutfit.

What you guys think of Cool Cruisers they pup up a lot on the search.

I'm fairly early in my build and full disclosure, they're the only vendor I've used so far. That being said, I've ordered a bunch of stuff from @cruiseroutfit and I have to say their customer service and willingness to help with tech questions to make sure you get the right part is why I will keep ordering from them.

And I echo the Toyota parts dept as of late. One guy tried to argue with me that they didn't import Toyotas into the US until 1969, that's why I can't find parts for a 1967. Oh boy. I find that I need to go in with exact part numbers for everything, even at my local Orielly's, Home Depot, etc.

I placed a small order from JT Outfitters 9 days ago, and they haven't even shipped it out yet. I sent 2 emails and got no response. I finally called today, and they said... "oh... we just got the stuff from your order in. We'll send it out tomorrow." It's not that I'm in a huge hurry, but they could have at least let me know. Not impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom