Builds The Green Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me know what you find for the windshield gasket. Mine is toast and leaks with every rain. Sealant has to be added to both sides of the gasket and not too many shops know to install the glass the right way.
OEM gasket is still available thankfully.
56121-60100
around $80 for the gasket, still running down what other materials / sealants would be needed.

While waiting on parts, some bicycle rack thoughts:
Goals:
Mount the bike rack up on the bumper swingarm, so access to rear drawers / being able to use the tailgate as a seat
Remove the factory hitch receiver.
Be able to attach a 2" receiver for the rack.

This overall represents my bicycle dimensions (the vertical stick is ~5" shorter than my bike):
80" long 44" tall
And the ideal location of the bike (Bike is roughly centered, but is still wider than the cruiser 😅 ).
View attachment 2883344

Ideally, I would like to install something as close to the middle as possible so the bike stick out would be as even as possible from side to side.

The below 2X6 (piece of wood in the middle) is 5.5" * 18.25" which is juuuuuuuuust the right dimensions.
That 18.25" would include both the hitch / rack assembly and the first tray that the bike sits in would be at ~18.25"
View attachment 2883353
Good news is that where the swingarm has the latch is very sturdy, and there is no play in the arm once the arm is closed up.

View attachment 2883355

Rack at swingout:
View attachment 2883356

@suboptimusprime for the notification
for my reference:

I like this idea (and will at some point do the same for the 100--"need" a bumper first). Over on the 100 forum the consensus is that 1UP racks are ideal since they have a better interface with the hitch which does not wobble all over. I know that Dissent and BIOR both offer 2" hitch receivers as a custom option on their swing outs. You know someone that welds well enough to trust your bike to the new receiver? Also sounds like good idea to watch the hardware on the swingout at least for a bit once you add the rack. A few ideas/thoughts are here: Dissent Rear and Swing Arm Bike Racks? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-rear-and-swing-arm-bike-racks.1231062/page-2

just checked, out of stock as well :(
I emailed SLEE earlier, they said that there is no ETA due to supplier not being able to get raw materials :(
Did you call Man a Fre? Sometimes they have things in stock but the computer isn't updated. Also they might be able to give you an ETA.

Did you call Man a Fre? Sometimes they have things in stock but the computer isn't updated. Also they might be able to give you an ETA.
Thanks! I will give them a call, If not my plan is to go with Napa for axle to caliper, and longer Toyota hoses for chassis to axle connections

Just do a Google search, there was at least a dozen places selling extended break lines for the 80 🤷‍♂️

Just do a Google search, there was at least a dozen places selling extended break lines for the 80 🤷‍♂️
yeah, I was hoping to find a place that had all of the brake lines in one stop.
pretty much all of the brake lines are toast, and the PO did not extend the frame to axle lines when doing the lift.

Ended up making it easy, and just got all Toyota parts
Got a drivers side door molding as well, other 3 doors will be addressed at some point too.

Got a parts order in today, the to install table grows.

Great cactus packaging from @LandCruiserPhil :D
Other 2 boxes are from CruiserTeq, stuff to rebuild front knuckles
IMG-2279 - Copy.jpg

Big day on the wrenches.

Finished up fixing the knuckle on one side, new Toyota studs were installed along with all new Koyo bearings on that side.
Used half of the rebuild kit from CruiserTeq.

My knockoff Wit's end power steering cooler is in place / bled:

IMG-2284 - Copy.jpg

Feels nice to have functioning powersteering again :D :D :D :D :D

Now to see about finding some spacers that are actually meant for this vehicle.

Its aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Shortened the panhard bar from 43" to 41.5" and installed the DeltaVS panhard lift bracket!
The tires no longer contact the right side of the frame on level ground!

Its aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Shortened the panhard bar from 43" to 41.5" and installed the DeltaVS panhard lift bracket!
Is the axle centered with this new number ?

I like to use a straight edge off the rear disk brake to the frame on both sides to find centered

Pictures or it didn't happen

Is the axle centered with this new number ?

I like to use a straight edge off the rear disk brake to the frame on both sides to find centered

Pictures or it didn't happen
😅 its centered enough to drive! will likely dial it in as I drive it around :D

Its aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

If you used the leveling bracket, why did you need to shorten the panhard bar?

If you used the leveling bracket, why did you need to shorten the panhard bar?
The delta kit is designed to work with the OEM panhard length (41.5" or so)
The panhard was set to 43", I am using the 41.5" as a starting point and tweaking it from there

The delta kit is designed to work with the OEM panhard length (41.5" or so)
The panhard was set to 43", I am using the 41.5" as a starting point and tweaking it from there
Length well very with each lift kit = you need to center the axle or tweak it as you call it ;)

:cheers:

That makes much better sense now. Thank you.

Fixed the windshield washer nozzles, one of the mystery spare parts included was the pump that sits across the other side of the truck from the reservoir. Now I have 1 of 4 working nozzles instead of 0 :hillbilly:

Noted that there is a healthy amount of ATF around the steering box, guess that will need a rebuild soon.

Cleaned the center console compartments up a bit, was able to get some of the grime out of there.

Windshield gasket is more or less done, I left a washcloth in the passenger corner of the windshield overnight, and the washcloth was pretty soaked this morning. Floor was *nearly* dry though on that side.

On the subject of the windshield.
Has anyone tried the kits to remove streaks / scratches from the windshield?
From what I can tell, the PO used the wipers a good amount while there was sand on / in them, leaving some scratches

I've polished a few windshields during my detailing days. It's a tedious process that is time consuming compared to doing paint correction. You have to go slow and take breaks as building up too much heat will warp the glass. Even after doing it, it won't be clear on an old windshield like the ones on these trucks due to age, pitting, etc. The polishing only takes out some surface scratches, nothing deep.

Got some new brake lines in today, including a proper body to axle length for my lift (PO Just unattached the bracket that held the hard line on the chassis, and let that be the extra "length")

Rounded off one of the hardline connections, hoping that the local garage can snip off just a little of the flare, and put a new fastener and new flare on the line.
(would like to avoid needing to buy a new hard line)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom