What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

took me about 6 hrs from start to finish. the removal part is straight forward, just messy. I would recommend drain the tranny, drop the pan and let it sit for a few hrs to get all the fluid out. Remove the tranny throttle cable at the throttle body to gain slack. When you have the old VB removed, make sure you take notes of where the 10mm bolts go as they are a few different lengths. Oh, and make sure when you install the new VB, the manual valve lever is aligned to the slot or you will not be able to shift into gears later. Take pic of how the old VB is installed/positioned of the manual lever etc. have a extra set of hands to help positioning the VB while one person connects the cable to the cam. use Vaseline or grease to hold the new accumulator springs and new o-rings in place. Also take notes of how much oil is removed and install. After the install and oil fill, it takes a bit to get all the oil in the tranny and gear starts to engage again. This mod is one of my fav. by far..but time will tell.
Thank you for the help!

My rite of passage 🤬
20210725_191014.jpg

Did some under-landing with @SIZZLE.

P1230106.JPG

P1230110.JPG

14274.jpeg

And a couple other places around the Mammoth Lakes area.

20210720_103332.jpg

P1230130.JPG

Brace yourself!
Various pistol brace firearms in 9mm, 10mm, and 300 blackout, and two D-Eagles in .357 and .44.
70'F at 6800 ft elevation 10 miles west of Prescott AZ. Overcast and a slight breeze. Can't be beat for July in AZ.
This is our 2007 4Runner, but my other SUV is a '97 LX450.

View attachment 2740619
why does anyone need so many guns!!!???? hahaha... "need has nothing to do with it...why do you need so many pairs of socks?" That's frickn awesome.

Where are the tunnels?
That's the Reward mine in the Inyo mtns., east of the Manzanar site near Independence.

I only had a few inches of clearance in some spots. IDK, but your rig might not fit.

That's the Reward mine in the Inyo mtns., east of the Manzanar site near Independence.

I only had a few inches of clearance in some spots. IDK, but your rig might not fit.
Ah. Kinda near Cerro Gordo. That keyhole in that picture was almost two feet round. I fit through fine.

:lol:

Took the big dogs for a walk. Rear locker only, still aired up at 34 PSI.

This is a tough wedge obstacle - it’s hard to see in the vid, but for some perspective this is my sons 3rd Gen Runner on 35’s rear locker almost going over.

22EBB28B-F3AA-4F3B-B8A6-9B2545D653E6.jpeg

Fixed a leaky wash bottle, and did some research on replacement options for the NLA rear washer motor. tldr, front washer seems to be a viable, available replacement now.

IMG_7475.jpeg

Full writeup

Ran the Rubicon last week.
Wife and I way over packed for our first trip out.
DEA758FC-16B6-4044-A0BE-FD7474662140.jpeg

Well, got a little more done this weekend. Installed the FoMoCo racing 90 deg oil filter (I likes!) attendent oil change, straightened out some buggered wiring done by a shop who worked on my starter when I did not have time, ordered the bolt the same shop left out that secures the top of the starter, made a new #2 conductor for the starter so I can re-route it to allow better access to equipment, removed and painted the chain tensioner (I did not realize it wasn't painted when I rebuilt the motor and could not stand the rust any longer) and started plumbing in the hydro boost. Also received word that my recovered steering wheel is on the way! Plumbing the hydro boost is taking longer than I had hoped as routing lines to allow access to parts for servicing, making sure it looks okay and layout are more labor intensive than I thought...

Some pics:

1627423133438.png

1627423250275.png

1627423278991.png

1627423385546.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom